Fisher's fault?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

He is the common denominator. Each year, we reach. Each year, we prove that we should have done something different. We never make a move to get that possible blockbuster. We always draft the same way we play on the field: very conservatively...very cautiously. Never show any b*lls.

I can't be the only person who isn't blaming 100% of this on MR...

2. mellowyellow

mellowyellow Camp Fodder

I agree, part of the blame should be on Fisher.

3. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I mean, I do think we would've picked Sweed in the 2nd...but why not in the 1st??! I can almost guarantee that Chris Johnson would've been available in the 2nd round. If not him, possibly Groves. We could've gotten DJ Hall in the 4th/5th rounds...

I just cant imagine one person fumbling an entire draft like this.

I will HAPPILY eat crow if I'm proved wrong by the end of this coming season. I do think Johnson will be OK if used correctly, but geez.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I think Jeff definitely wears the pants in the war room. He also wears the pants in the play calling. Coordinators and GM's are there just to take all the blame when he screws up.

Seems like a control freak to me.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I've said it 1000 times. CJ would NOT have been there in the 2nd.

Sweed almost fell to the 3rd yet you think we should have taken him in the 1st? Interesting.

DJ Hall was good enough to go undrafted. Enough said.

6. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

DJ Hall is MUCH better than an undrafted rookie. Watch his game reels. The dude is the definition of 'yards-after-catch'...and this was with a so-so QB in his SR season. He's also not afraid to catch the ball when being defended...something he could actually teach to the scrubs who dropped pass after pass in the NFL last year (I hope Brandon Jones is listening).

We actually needed a Limas Sweed. Fast RB's come a dime a dozen in todays NFL. Hell, you could convert somebody to a 'sweep' RB if you really wanted to.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

We don't need WRs, we need a #1 WR, and this draft had none. Not even the beloved Limas Sweed. I'm just as happy with Hawkins as I would have been with Sweed, and we got him 2 rounds later.

Hall was good in college but obviously the pros know something that we don't or he would have been drafted.

RB is the easiest position to make an impact at from day 1, and we needed an impact player NOW. We now have the fastest player in the NFL in our backfield, not to mention he's a triple threat. Guys like CJ aren't a dime a dozen.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Fisher now probably controls most of the draft, he didn't when Floyd the barder was here, that's what the power struggle between the two was all about. C. Johnson is a faster B. Westbrooks, write it down. 10 td's this season. A BTW, ever other team didn't like the "top" wr's in this draft either, so not taking one in a reach in the 1st was a leauge wide decision.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

MR calls the shots. That's his job. Fisher's input and authority are greater now but both should get the blame when we draft poorly.

We don't have enough information on these last 2 drafts to know that we did draft poorly. So why look at it that way now? We can ascertain that they admit the henry pick was wrong based on the johnson pick this year.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't understand your #1 WR logic. If we wouldn't consider this years' class to have a solid #1 WR, then when would we ever get one? We would have to pick in the top 10 to get a legit #1, but then the last 5 WRs to go top 10 have been Roy WIlliams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson, Troy Williamson...Out of all those dudes Roy and CJohnson are the ones to play up to their potential. So to grab one of these dudes who are very likely to be #1s would be a great value pick especially because the need is there as well, but instead we wait and grab a carbon copy of the recievers we already have on our roster(6' 195-205, 4.5).

So for all you guys that want #1 WRs, essentially you're telling me that you want us to suck and be picking in the top 10 again, or to mortgage our future and lose draft picks to trade up, I don't like either scenario, when we could just make the damn pick when it comes to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar