"Fisher's Future" News Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm Team Vince right now, if he gets the boot I'll be Team Fisher or whoever our coach is. But right now, Fisher deserves the boot based on his own failures. I'm not even including the VY feud in the decision to get a new coach.

That said, I do want to see Vince finish his contract and put his money where his big mouth is. I want to see a coach come in here who isn't stuck in 1990s NFL mode. It is 2011 for God's sake. I wanna see a guy come in here and say to Vince, show me what you've got. If Vince is better than advertised we all stand to benefit. He sucks and shows nothing, THEN I'm willing to call it a night and move on from him.

Bud needs to act in what's best for the football and keep who helps the team win more. Right now it isn't Jeff Fisher. I know it's true that Vince is the one who's held Vince back the most, but with a new coach he would get in the good graces early and handle it much more maturely. He knows he'd have to.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

If Fisher stays, I'm done until he is gone. The worst scenario of all is Fisher and Vince staying. It will just be another nightmare. If Fisher manages to get his way and stay while Vince goes he'll be more insufferable and arrogant than ever. You guys can keep dreaming Fish will take you to the promised land some day over the rainbow, but you're just deluding yourselves. The game has passed him by, he is all hat and no cattle.

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I have a bad feeling about this, 8 of the last 9 games wasn't enough to "fry the fish" I don't think sleeping on it will resolve the matter.

Sad just utterly sad.

4. Big Time Titan

That would be horrible.

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Not a fan, if you was a fan you would be a fan through thick and thin like marriage.

6. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

I'd absolutely be fine with Fisher staying but like GoT said, I want open competition for every single spot. Meaning I don't want Gage in over Williams just because he's a vet. Fisher came out and said he thought Collins had another year left in him. This tells me the open competition is a pipe dream. I'd prefer to go draft a QB or bring in a Palmer, McNabb, Kolb, Orton, ANYTHING to make Vince earn his job in camp and if he doesn't earn it, gives us a QB that can throw further than 20 something yards down field. Not hating on Collins, he's actually been a better career QB than I thought he'd be at the beginning of his career, but let's face it he's done.

Assuming there is even football next year, Adams hasn't given me any hope since he's been owner (Houston or Tenn) that makes me feel it will be anything but the status quo that we've dealt with up until this point. He'll keep hugging on Vince and he'll refuse to let Fisher go because of his comfort zone. Fisher will fight back, Vince will get forced in, wash, rinse, repeat.

Here's to that hopefully being wrong though.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Wow...you are a glutton for abuse....Titans AND Royals???? Brutal...

Coming from a Redbird Fan...long live Pujols.

8. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Yeah, professional sports are the way I cut myself to make sure I can feel pain. We could have had Pujols, good thing George Brett said he'll never have a major league bat.

/sigh

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Maybe he was really accusing Pujols of corking the bat....but that is coming from the master of pine tar....

10. Big Time Titan

Marriage? That's about as overrated as Jeff Fisher's coaching skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar