"Fisher's Future" News Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Lets's hope this get done tommorow

The sooner the better

We need to do this in one fast motion like ripping off a bandaid

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Vince needs to be gone too, but let's let tomorrow play out and see how it is handled. There is a loyal VY following on this board, but the majority of Titans fans know that his fate should be up to the new coach, not Bud.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My opinion here is that he did this knowingly....after the Bud "Coke Song" statement following the Redskins debacle, it was clear to me whose side Bud had taken. I am guessing it was clear to Fisher as well. The more I watch this, the more I believe that Fisher wants no part of VY on his team anymore, even if that means his team stops being his team. I do not want to get into the VY vs. Fisher discussion here, I am just giving my observation on why I think Fisher has played this as he has.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Time for Bud to flush...

[​IMG]

...and follow tomorrow's meeting with another to determine some others (including VY) futures...

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I have a feeling this server is gonna be slammed tomorrow morning.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Better get the plunger...that has logjam written all over it...

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We all better pray Bud knows what he is doing, this decision will affect this franchise for the next 10 years.

We have our two biggest positions on a football team in question and I am not sure an answer will really be found for either.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's a bit over-dramatic...next 2-3 years more likely

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You sure?

A coaching change is a big deal and a new one will likely clean house when it comes to his supporting staff. All our players are used to Jeff's system and MOST haven't even played under anyone else. This is a time when we needed some of those veterans we let go to still be around.

We may even decide to grab a rookie QB in the draft and we could easily miss. Picking as early as we do and missing on a position like that is big. Look at Vince, he has been here for what his fifth year now? He is going under just as much scrutiny as Jeff.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If it was up to the HC he'd be gone by now. That decision will seemingly rest with the owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar