"Fisher's Future" News Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Before this season, many thought this was Vince's make or break year. I think the decision on him will be made in the offseason. I pray the owner leaves it up to the new head coach and Reinfeldt to make the decision on that. Let's let Fisher get fired first, then we can debate what needs to happen with Vince.

2. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I think Fish stays and Bud Cuts Vy I think his grandson and others in the organization will try to talk to him about cutting VY. Fish will be cheaper to keep I just don't see BUd firing him. It will be a rough couple of seasons.:gag:

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It also CAN get better.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yes, I'm sure. This staff NEEDS to be cleaned out.

A lot of these players won't be back here next year, but doesn't matter anyway. Players change teams every year, it doesn't set them back 10 years to learn a new system.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement to retain Fisher.
    Look, teams turn around very quickly in today's NFL, to think that firing Fish would set the franchise back 10 years is ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think Fisher is showing these guys what to do and doing a decent job at coaching on Gameday, but Fisher cannot get the players to believe in him or his game style.

Fisher wants a replica of the 1999 Titans and it's not happening, these players want to play to their own talents. CJ doesnt want to run up the middle of a stacked box. he needs plays that gives him space. Britt is awesome and not used enough, Cook is a big mismatch for LB etc.. he should be used as much as Dallas Clark and Gates.

Gage should be replaced by Williams all season. Mariani has great hands and can run, why is he only on punt returns? try him at WR.

The players are doing what Fisher asks, but they dont believe in what he is trying to do, there lack of effort is a cry for help. Fisher has set his ways, we need a young coach thats willing to try what it takes to win, not an old coach that wants things 1 way or no way.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Very well said. You are on the money about most everything in this post. I am hoping we go after an offensive coach to help exploit the mismatches we can create with CJ, Britt, and Cook. The one thing I would disagree on is a young coach, because I think Gruden would be licking his chops at the ways he could use CJ. Now other then Gruden, yes, the young up and comer is the way to go in my opinion.

7. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

I REALLY like what you said about trying Mariani out at receiver. So much for the "youth movement" in the last few games... Too late now. :sad2:

8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Titans officially announce that they will retain Coach Jeff Fisher, and decide to cut Vince "Drama Queen" Young and sign Donovan McNabb, and with thier first pick in the 2011 draft, the Titans select, ANDREW LUCK.

aw yes I can see it now, beautiful dream beautiful sight.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Monday is end of season physicals, I see it as a positive for fish face that BA wants too talk too him monday.

I really wish VY would have showed up on the sideline at the ponie game, only needed to retain posession of the ball for a couple more plays to be kicking for the win. Surely his Diva pressence would have inspired the Titans to greater things and kept kfc from fumbling 'Tennessees best chance to win' away

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Jessee Britt had lots of looks all season when he was on the field, he seems fragile at this point in his career. Can't blame fish face or Heimadsflksdfsger because Britt is a glass boned nut case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar