"Fisher's Future" News Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

He'd be a flat out liar if he said this hasn't taken a serious toll on him. Definitely looks like a guy who's got a bad feeling about this.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't get the "It can get worse" argument. Yea it can get better too. But I got news for ya, it's GOTTEN worse. This year we're as bad as any of the bottom feeders in the league. I know the offense and even defense played pretty good through the 5-2 start but we finished out like we started in 09, 0-6 and the 1-8 stints of this team is who we've become.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Dude, I want Fisher gone, I am just saying that while all what you said is true, what I said could just as easily happen. If we do not get a good head coach and Bud keeps standing behind Vince regardless if he is not playing well, we could see some painful times. Coaches are not that easy to come by, if they were then the Lions and Browns would not be were they have been since forever.

4. CJ2K_809

CJ2K_809 Camp Fodder

Fish stays.... a bold prediction indeed.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Consider Fisher gone.

Why would they convene a meeting of all the senior officials in the organization just to say he will be back? They are going to fire him but Bud wants to make it look respectful and well thought out not just an angry reaction to a bad year.

6. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

We should know soon

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I just hope they make Jeff cry.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They'd probably be discussing the past, the now and the future and is it worth continuing or not.

My gut feeling says Fisher stays. It'll probably be along the lines of 'He has one more year on his contract, why not give it one more go'.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is why i'm convinced fisher is gone.

If they were leaning 70% on deciding to keep Fisher they would not be rushing to tell us that. The process would take a few weeks as they interveiwed Fisher about the team, about their concerns and what he would do to improve the team.

For example the defense. Would fisher be willing to clean out Cecil and a lot of his defensive coaches like Robertson and Mcginnis? Who might his next OC be if Dinger has to quit due to health concerns? And they could ask him to break down the personnel and how he might make some changes.

If they were satisfied that he would make the necessary changes to improve the team they decide to keep him.

Here the decision seems to be already made and again why the big formality if they are just going to announce he is staying?

I think they will ask Fisher to resign, and there may be a financial settlement involved that will be attractive enough keep him away from coaching for a year. It will not seem like a firing because they will heep praise on him and thank him for his service and he will likely agree not to bash the organization.

The Bears had a similar deal with Mike Ditka when they fired him. Fisher replaces Billick in the booth for at least a year when Billick comes back to coach.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

All-nighter, anyone?

Let's do this.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar