Fisher's press conference - total denial

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Kuharsky has a pair to really get down after it, but I have yet hear him do it in person at a press conference. I heard a few of the questions, and I have to tell you Biddle is the lamest of lame.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The fans, who pay them a kings ransom to run an outfit that plays a kids game, wants them in the hot seat. It's the media's job to ask the hard questions (they don't have to be "rabid").
    We need Sam Donelson to probe into this mess and get our answers.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Sportsline Channel 50 will carry Fisher's press conference this evening along with players comments. Ought to be interesting

4. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Well, things are pretty much just like us in Tampa Bay. Last week Chuckie went before the media and apologized for their dismal performance, and said they would get things fixed. That was when they put up a doughnut. They got things corrected alright, they put up 3 on the scoreboard.

The same can be said for the 0-2 Panthers, the 0-2 Texans

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The press isnt going to make the team better or worse, but a lot of people spend a lot of money on season tickets, or individual tickets or whatever, and I think it is the media's job to ask the questions that we as fans, want answered. Obviously its just football so they shouldnt get too worked up over it, but I do think they should be a little tougher, especially with some of the idiotic moves they have made recently.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

One reporter asked "What does Kerry Collins bring to the Titans that Volek does not?"

Fisher answered softly "Experience."

Hahahahaha!

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

more experience at sucking :ha:

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Fisher's comments can be seen/heard at nfl.com in the highlights video dept.

I watched it and was appalled. He really thought he was covering his butt by saying "If you're looking for someone to blame, then blame me"...the arrogance in which he stated that became clear in his following remarks (denial of QB controversy, he's gonna keep on cause he's right, etc...).

Fisher has no intention of accepting any responsibility. He said that because he thinks that you, the fans, are a bunch of idiots and he knows what he's doing because, after all, he's been one of the longest-tenured HCs ever. He knows you'll blame him, and he's condescendingly pandering to that.

This is Nero's Rome...where's my fiddle?

I said it elsewhere here, and I'll say it agian: Fisher has REACHED HIS POINT OF INCOMPETENCE. Arrogance like this is the first and most glaring stage of it.

He says he's going to continue doing what he's doing because he knows it's right....CLEARLY it is NOT working. 12-Step programs call this insanity....repeating an action or behavior over and over while expecting a different result. That definition applies to our esteemed HC.

While it has been very easy to point fingers lately--bad coverage, poor execution, etc, etc,---Fisher has, with this press conference, pulled back the wool and exposed us to where the true problem is, and it's from the top down, starting with him.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Very nicely said! :hmm:

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

If Bill Parcells was the coach of the Titans and just experienced that embarrassing performance against the Bolts, his press conference would have been something like this....

Bill Parcells..... "Let me start off by saying we suck... next question"

Media..... "Bill, why not start Billy Volek over Kerry Collins?"

Bill Parcells..... "We suck... next question"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar