Fishers's comments on game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

On Vince and Collins.

Tennessean

I like what he said. It's a solid explanation and supportive of our starting QB.

Then..........

'Fisher made no apologies during his weekly press conference except for saying the team perhaps had too much in the game plan against the Steelers'.

Too much in the game plan? Wfgameplan?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well said and very well handled. He is motivating not tearing down.

3. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

Over game planned? Wouldn't that require some sort of creativity on offense?

The defense was on fire though!

It's good to see him backing VY up.

4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Fisher will always say what needs to be said...after the fact. He put a spin on wearing a Manning jersey and later made it sound like it was HIS decision to put VY in last year...he's good at taking a negative and making it sound like a positive.

IMO, putting KC in wasn't worth it...but Jeff's reasoning is solid...that said, Fisher stating VY doesn't have to look over his shoulder is bull...VY will be looking over his shoulder every time he messes up if KC is still on this team...Jeff assured that on Sunday.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was a bit surprised to hear Fisher basically saying the gameplan was too complicated for Young to execute.

Is he calling Dinger out, pointing the finger at himself or saying Young can't handle it?

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I think he's mixing his words to say absolutely nothing, aka Fishertalk.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher:
    "I think in retrospect and talking with the offensive staff, I think we had a little too much going into the game plan. You know what that is, that is also a reflection of how far he (Vince Young) has come at the position. It was a bad day offensively."

This tells me the offensive staff over-estimated what Young could handle.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wow.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

of course they did, look at how he responded to this "game plan" or lack thereof.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm calling bunk on this. Over-gameplan? That's a first. Handing off the ball at 2nd and 20 and 3rd and 22 and not letting your starter play in the 4th quarter is hardly over gameplanning... One has to question if there was even a game plan at all?

Just more fisher-talk. Word are coming out of his mouth but that's all that they are: words. No substance to what he said whatsoever.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar