Five Biggest Defensive Questions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SifuSoul, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

While I don't think we have a single one on one replacement for Haynesworth, if Marks can get back to his top form and JJ keeps up his game, and even steps it up, those two side by side could probably almost as effective as Haynesworth and Brown side by side. I think they both can be noticeably better than Brown, but not as good as Al.
    I see both of them acquiring the ability to constantly warrant double teams.
    While Pittsburghs OL wasn't the best last year, JJ, a rookie, more or less gave them (an NFL OL) fits throughout the whole game.
    If we make the necessary adjustments and fine tuning, I don't think we'll see THAT much of a drop off.

2. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I noticed this draft that we drafted perhaps more for speed/quickness than size/strength. Several of the draftees, Marks, Mouton, Mcrath are all pretty undersized for their respective postions. Marks is very quick off the ball it seems like, but I'd like it if he and Mcrath both bulked up a bit to avoid getting blown off the ball in running situations. Mcrath seems to be a beast on the outside in space though, he was a tackling machine in college. Mouton is 5-9 that's really on the short side for a corner, most are 5-11 or 6 feet, not saying he can't be a good corner, but it's a challenge to contend for the ball at that height. Also, even though he's a O-lineman, Kropog seems a bit undersized as well.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm a bit tired of hearing this washburn worship. Good coach but i keep hearing how he can take any POS and turn him into a good player. Than why did laboy, odom and starks disappoint? Why did schobel a 4th rd pick accomplish nothing?

We need good players no matter who was coaching them.

Fortunately players on the defensive side don't need a long time to contribute. They can come in as rookies and contribute right away.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Washburn seems to get the most out of the DL, regardless of the player. When Washburn gets a guy he likes they do seem to excel

Starks was fine the first time he was here, only after being Cowed did he dissapoint. Laboy was fine when he was healthey, which is saying he was more often NOT fine - lol
    Odom played well for what he was so I don't see the issue here. Not everyone is a HoFer some guys are just plain average.

I agree about talent being needed its not like the Titans can sign guys off the street and have Washburn turn them into contributors, or can he ... Tony Brown

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Laboy, Odom, and Starks all did enough here to get big-time contracts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar