Five NFL rule changes that need to happen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just came across this article that suggests the NFL change 5 rules to improve the game. This writer sure doesn't mind making the games longer, but does have some good ideas like No.4 on his list. A rule some may recall me complaining about quite a bit.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Need to shlt can the blow to QBs head as well. DEs long hair can touch the head of manning and they call it.

You know you set this up for a litany of suggestions right?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good, pile up whats wrong and lets fix it.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Yes. They need to stop giving firsts in these tricky tack contact penalties

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I think all these qb rules need to change. Tapping the helmet, going low, and especially these sideline late hits. If the qb is slowing up to run out of bounds you literally can't touch him now. Even if he's still in bounds.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The people that want that changed don't have a voice. Fans and defenders.
    Lawyers, teams, and insurance companies and will have the final say..

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And fix that stupid nuance BS about reception possession.
    A catch is a catch.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

#1 is stupid. The PAT distance is just fine.

#2 makes sense to a degree, but I wouldn't make everything reviewable. HOWEVER, coaches should be allowed to challenge within two minutes of the end of the halves. I don't understand why you are allowed to challenge a play at 2:01 left in the game but not 1:59. Those could be the most crucial plays in the game and you have to rely on the booth review. If you have the timeout you should be able to use it as you see fit.

#3 gets my approval.

#4 just get rid of illegal contact. College WRs have no issue getting open with DBs pushing them around without the ball in the air.

#5 needs to happen yesterday.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Been saying this for years. And if they are going to call it all the time like last season it def shouldn't be an automatic first down.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

1. YES. Either remove the extra point or make it interesting.

2. YES. But leave the challenges the same and have the reviews done in New York or someplace by people who ONLY reviews plays. The trotting to the sidelines and back out is what takes too much time.

3. NO. Just do away with the kickoff altogether. Put the ball down at the 25 and let’s go. As it is now, team scores - commercial. Come back to the game for the kickoff - touchback followed by commercial. I’d only go for this (kicking off from the 30) if they expanded the roster so that teams had more guys they could use on special teams but that won’t happen.

4. NO. I’d prefer the change be from allowing contact within 5 yards to 10.

5. YES. Ties are stupid.

#10 TitanJeff, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar