Florida-Alabama

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alex is right. The championship is being and has been settled on the field.

Alabama and florida played and texas-tech-oklahoma all got to play each other.

If this was the old system from the 80s and beyond there would not have been a florida alabama game. Bama would be conference champ and would be forced to play in the sugar bowl. Oklahoma would be forced to play in the orange and penn state and USc would be the same in the rose and texas would be in the cotton. Florida might get a shot at oklahoma in the orange and whoever won that matchup would have to hope alabama lost the sugar.

Go back far enough in time and there were teams that didn't play post season football at all!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Am i the only person irritated that the SEc championship is played in a dome? No SEC team plays in a damn dome!

I think they should play some of those championships here in nashville. :wink2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That Orange Bowl will be awesome this year.:sarcasm:

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think Texas got ripped off. They beat Oklahoma on a neutral field but lost to Texas Tech at Tech on the last play of the game (not counting kickoff). Remember, this isn't 100% yet even though it seems likely. Oklahoma will move to 1 but will UF pass Texas? I think so.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

How is it their fault that their conferences are not as good? A loss to Mississippi doesn't seem so much worse than a loss to Iowa or Oregon State.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not their fault at all. Just the facts. It's not the losses, it's the wins.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Fla-Bama was a good game, closer than the final score.
    The Fla-Oklahoma game will be awesome...

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If Alabama had won, it would have secured the championship for Oklahoma. But they played a lot better than anyone expected, I believe.
    I hope this game is the shootout that it should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar