Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Florio: Titans likely looking for big-name pass rusher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 7, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. titans1839 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,418
    Michael Bennett from the Bucs. Young and had 9 sacks with 3 forced fumbles last year. Perfect fit for us, good against the run as well
    FLA Titans Fan and xhrr high five this.
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,350
    Michael Bennett is probably the guy I would go after, too. Interestingly, he's the brother of Martellus Bennett. The Titans could conceivably end up with both guys.

I don't have much interest in Freeney or any of the other washed-up guys.
  3. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Brown
    Moolah:
    $13,717
    Bring in the Bennett brothers, probably only one of a handful of places where they could play together and get significant playing time.
    FLA Titans Fan and JCBRAVE high five this.
  4. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,451
    Could be a Kevin & Andre Dyson thing all over again, hopefully with better results
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,038
    Not that he's a big name, but I'd like to get Kevin Vickerson back and let Marks walk.
    Psychop1 high fives this.
  6. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,451
    Really? We could do so much better don't you think
  7. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
    The Bennett Duo is an interesting idea... we do need help at both positions...
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,038
    Yes.

But what do the FA DTs look like? I can't even name one... at least not that I can think of.

Draft a DT? Yes... but wouldn't you want a veteran in there and mix in the rookie into the rotation like Mike Martin instead? I loved the Martin pick last year and liked what I saw from him. Maybe he'll be a starter this season.

Marks isn't worth a long-term deal. He sucked until this year which just so happened to be his contract year. Not falling for that crap.
    J Falk high fives this.
  9. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $84
    Why would you put your trust in a rookie DE, that's gonna waste a draft pick when you have needs, when you don't even know how that college player is going to transition into the NFL.

It's a much better plan to go after a DE in free agency and I'd take any one of those guys. Adding another playmaking DE could greatly improve the rotation and lengthen the careers of our other guys. If we grabbed a DE now, we could focus solely on OG and DT in the draft.

Maybe pick up a S later in the draft.
  10. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
    Because there isn't any appealing DEs available in free agency, IMO. Just some old dudes. Tank can be a difference maker for years. He was a likely Top-15 pick before his injury and would be a steal in the 2nd. We need a vet DT in free agency, we already have young guys in Casey, Klug, and Martin.