Florio: Titans likely looking for big-name pass rusher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

"Big time" or "ancient". All of those guys are old and don't have much left in the tank. Actually, those are just the kind of players we do sign.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The problem with Osi is the dude has been trying to get paid for years. No way is he a smart signing.

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

This what scares me though, the coaching staff may reach in FA knowing their careers are at stake.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Glen Dorsey

5. Danimal

Danimal Starter

What about William Hayes. He's only 28 and he would look good in Titan blue, again?

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'm all for a Michael Bennett signing. Him and Levitre this FA would make me very happy with Sammie Lee Hill as icing on the cake.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I dont see us going after a DE

If they wanted pass rush from DT, they would have played Klug last year

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

huh

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I dont see them going after a DE. We paid one this past off season and have a lot of holes to fill. I dont see any big names out there, just solid starters.

If they were wanting to generate pass rush from the DT spot, then Klug would have gotten more snaps last season. He has proven he can get to the QB, but is a liability in the run game. But even in 3rd and longs, Klug was still not in there. (who got more sacks than any other DT with 1/4 - 1/2 their playing time)

Whos out there thats left at DT? Melton right? (starks got franchised) And some older players who will want a lot of money or play for a contender

And at DE, theres Avril and Bennett? (memory really sucking right now) We paid for a DE last year, I just dont see the team doing it again this year.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Yeah I don't know if they will shell out more money at the DE spot they might try to fill that via the draft but I would love to get Bennett a young rising DE. Fix the lines and everything else has a trickle down effect so I hope they spend the majority of this offseason solidifying the trenches.

I think Melton got franchised I might be wrong though. He would be an awesome signing regardless of the price tag he will warrant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar