Florio: Titans likely looking for big-name pass rusher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I wouldnt mind that at all.

And you are correct, Melton got franchised.

I definitely would not mind Bennett at all, but one of those stats sites (pro football focus or one of them) said they got to the QB better as the year went on, they just didnt finish. They both ended the year with 6+ sacks so I honestly believe they will not want to invest heavily in a DE, even if Bennett is a big upgrade.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Kind of sounds like Derrick Morgan...

3. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Bud is on his last leg and wants a ring. I guarantee he has ordered them to go get players. I'm stoked for free agency!

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I think I am gonna create a new thread on who we might draft, or should draft or someone said we would draft.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's the issue i'm facing as well. I don't know if we will pay Wimbley & a FA good money. I'll tell you what, if we did this:

FA: Bennett Brothers & Levitre
    Draft: 1st: Warmack | 2nd: Jonathan Hankins

I'd be happy with that. We'd STILL have money to spend, maybe on a CB or WR? Remaining draft would depend on what other FAs we signed.

6. xpmar9x

I wonder how much Bennett will cost... did some research and most articles stated anything from 5mil to 10mil (per year). Bucs decided against the 11mil tag, so he'll be under that I assume.

Here's a reallly good article on Bennett:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42708/310/bennett-is-the-best

He played primarily LDE (strong side) where Morgan plays. DEs are normally pretty easy to flip flop, depending on the scheme. We'd have a solid rotation of potentially: Morgan, Wimbley, Bennett, Dawson, and Ayers (in nickle).

I think the key is to go hard after both the brothers. If you lure them in together, thaty'll be the icing on the cake.

Marty B: 4yr @ 5mil per
    Mikey B: 5yr @ 8mil per

13 mil combined (w/o signing bonuses) and we kill two birds with one stone.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You guys got my palms sweating with all the great ideas of what we could potentially do in FA, bring on the 12th!

8. xpmar9x

LOL I officially have a new plan:

FA: Bennett Brothers, Levitre, and Bradley Fletcher

Draft:
    1st: Warmack or Cooper
    2nd: Jonathan Hankins, Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, or Sylvester Williams
    3rd: DJ Swearinger or best safety available
    3rdC: LB or RB
    4th Rd: LB or RB

We replaced Cook with Bennett, who can actually block and is still an above average receiving TE. Solid DE rotation with Mike Bennett, Kam, D'Morg, and Dawson. OL is fixed with the addt'l of a 1st round OG and Andy Levitre. Bradley Fletcher (if healthy) can be our #2 corner. DJ Swearinger will be ready to replace Wilson. #2 RB drafted in 3rd/4th to split carries. ILB depth for likely injured McCarthy in 3rd/4th. Most importantly, in the 2nd we pickup the run stuffing 0-tech NT we need.

WR is still a question. We will put faith that Wright can produce. Britt is a lost cause in my book.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Disagree...one of these DE's will only cost us probably a few million at the most. One of the top corners(DRC, Sean Smith) would cost us like 8-10 million. Plus, CB is deep in this draft. I'm still on the Amerson in the 2nd bandwagon. I believe our coaches have faith in Morgan and Wimbley. We just need a guy that can come in on run situations to replace Wimbley(John Abraham or Bennett)

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I wouldn't be mad if we got one of them DT's in the 2nd, but I think we'd be better off going after one of the many big boy DT's in free agency. Branch, Sammie Hill, Sopoaga, Knighton...so many out there and we won't have to spend too much.

Also, there's a huge problem here. You don't address CB at all!!! Bradley Fletcher??? hells to the naw!! lol..

I do like the Bennett brothers idea though...that'd be pretty amazing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar