Florio's top 10 offseason moves - No 3: Titans let Albert walk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

do you think we would have been as effective without him?

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I think the Pitt game showed we did not need him to win games.

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

That you Jessie??? If it ain't, I think I'd change my name before I made a post like this. :))

I thought that was the best game of the season!

4. Fry

oh, we sacked the second most sacked qb in the league 5 times. great.

as far as haynesworth becoming invisible throughout the season, our run defense gave up 3.77 YPC in the first 8 games and 3.66 in the last 8. then obviously the 1.6 in the playoff game.

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

IMHO as good as Hans is, I think we will be better without him.

We can retain or obtain several quality players with his 100M contract, which should more than offset his awesomeness.

It is simply a #'s game. A DT that plays ~60% of the defensive snaps just cannot eat that much cap space without short changing the team in other areas.

Now I would have been ecstatic if we could have keep him for 6 years and ~70 mil, but not 41M in the first 3 yrs...

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good points!

The one thing that does still irk me, we passed on signing AH for way cheaper a year before because we were off like 1-2 million in guarantee's or something (don't remember exact amount).

I also can't blame anyone for signing a 100 mil contract over re-signing with the original team for much less.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True, but that in no way strips the validity of him not being worth 100 million dollars. At this time, no player is.

In light of all this I hope the NFL does prove that Washington tampered and sticks it to them. This is just as much that retard Dan Snyder's fault as it is Hayne$worth.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

We were in the Pittsburgh game.

And don't hand me that crap that Pitt's O line was crap. It was still an NFL O line, and still got decimated by a rookie DT and a 2nd year 6th round pick DE (Ford) who played but a few games the season before due to injury.

Here's a way that every single doubter should look at our situation:

Washburn's D line coaching ability >>>>> Haynesworth's departure

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Exactly. This is why many of our solid or great d-lineman go elsewhere and suck.

10. Fry

everyone points to that ONE game. what about all the other games when he was out a series or two and we would got run all over?

and you guys know that we gave up the most yards to any offense the entire season in that one game, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar