Floyd a Better Prospect than Suh?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by UrbanLegend3, Mar 1, 2013.

1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

The other day I heard Charlie Casserly and Charles Davis both agree that Shariff Floyd is a better prospect coming out of college than Ndamukong Suh was. I think they're both insane but with all the hype Floyd is getting what are your thoughts on this?
  2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Definitely a better 3-technique. I think Suh is a little miscast in the Lions defense. If you want a better comparison I'd say Floyd and Gerald McCoy.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Can someone give me an unbias run down of Floyd? I only heard of the guy recently and I have a hard time getting on the bandwagon this late.
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

That comparison is a little more apt. It's just that I remember how just a few years ago they were gushing about how Suh was probably the highest draft grade they'd ever given out and how anyone would be crazy not to take and just a few years later they think that a guy who wasn't even considered the #1 DT until Star's heart condition was revealed is suddenly a better prospect. No diss to Floyd, he's a beast it's just nuts to see how quickly these guys shift their stances.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I respect Casserly to the fullest. I love his insight and I miss him on CBS, but he is dead wrong on this.

Suh was a complete beast at Nebraska. Maybe it's me, but Floyd just didn't stand out to me when I watched Florida play. Floyd won't be nowhere near as productive as Suh. Floyd will be another Peria Jerry, mark my word.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

It seems to me like you have to look at defensive tackles work eithic and character more than anything. Its such a demanding position you have to have someone there that is constantly taking care of themselves, other you get your Haynesworth type players.
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Totally agree. I used to watch Suh highlights and be legitimately afraid for the opposing players' safety. I remember when he tossed Colt McCoy 5 yards like lifeless sack of potatoes.
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

For a guy who is 300 lbs he moves really well. Looks to be really strong but didn't lift at the combine. Hustles big time. With 15 seconds left and a 17 point lead he chases EJ Manuel to the sideline for no gain.

FSU's offensive line didn't suck either.

I think the reasons he's been a late riser is he declared early AND he played out of position in 2011 when UF moved him to DE. Scouts won't waste time watching a guy who might not be eligible to be drafted.
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Since you're a FSU fan, how is Tre' Jackson doing? I talked to his Mother last week at the Airport. I work out here at the Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta, and his Mother and I had a deep conversation about her Son. She seems to think her Son will be a 1st round pick when he comes out. Is Tre' really that good?

Also, do you remember my boy/school mate Willie Reid? He was the man, huh?
  10. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

He's pretty much a lock to start in 2013. Just got stuck behind some upperclassmen.