Floyd Reese Resigns...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Do you have proof of that or is it only speculation? For all I know Fisher didn't make the push to get Colins here until a few weeks before he signed.
    Besides, you can hardly fault Reese for wanting to keep who was obviously the best player of the two.

2. No, Bud decided to get rid of him. That has been made pretty clear. It was basically a face-saving move to resign before his contract ran out.

Again, that as all Bud. Reese and Fisher weren't in town and didn't know about it until later.

3. Fisher wanted to sign Collins earlier, Reese wanted to stick with Volek. Fisher forced his hand when Volek blew up at Chow. That was the only reason Collins was brought in so late and the only reason they had to trade Volek

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

blame it on both if it makes everyone feel better
    the point is , there was KC talk for alot longer than the day before camp (when Collins came back into town expecting to sign)
    Regardless of whether everyone's crystal balls showed the ultimate outcome, the situation was mishandled

5. h4t

h4t Starter

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but I think there was one fatal mistake that Reese made that cost him his job. When he structured McNair's contract in such a way that he was due a $50 Million bonus, he closed off all good options of us keeping him including franchising him. This bonus was such a high risk to Bud's pocket book that he had no choice but to lock out McNair to protect himself. This is the only time since he moved the team here that he really looked bad from a publicity standpoint, and I don't think he liked it or ever forgave Reese for stupidly putting him in such a no win situation.

6. The $50M was meaningless. He was never going to get it. And the holdout had nothing to do with it as it had already been declined.

7. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Didn't Reese want Young and Fisher want Leinart. Yep sounds like Fisher made a power play to get the GM job and more control. Dud will pretend to look around for a new GM for awhile then poof will decide that Fisher is the best available and Diamond will be given fancy sounding title. Either that of Dud will go all Al Davis on Y'all and do the job himdelf.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Diamond was fired in 04'

9. Fisher won't be the GM anymore than Shanahan is in Denver. But he'll still control the personnel decisions, just like Shanahan does...

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

That's right. I was thinking of that guy that isn't as good as him, Underwood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar