Fokou will provide McCarthy competition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans think a lot of middle linebacker Colin McCarthy.

Coaches like his work ethic and ability, and his teammates love his relentless approach. In just his second NFL season, McCarthy was voted a team captain in 2012.

But there’s no ignoring this: McCarthy has had trouble staying healthy with the Titans, and there’s no guarantee he’ll clear that hurdle in 2013.

Enter Moise Fokou.

The Titans signed Fokou, formerly with the Colts, to a two-year, $2.8 million contract on Wednesday, a deal that included a $300,000 bonus. He’s a player they targeted in free agency, and went after aggressively.

That’s because the team wants Fokou to challenge McCarthy for the starting spot at middle linebacker. If he doesn’t beat McCarthy out, then the Titans think they’ll be far better off than they were last season when McCarthy went down.

McCarthy missed nine of the team’s 16 games in 2012. He dealt with an ankle injury early, and a concussion late. The Titans didn’t fare well without him as they moved other players into his place.

Fokou, who played his first three seasons with the Eagles, is a guy the Titans believe is capable of playing middle linebacker well. He’s also versatile enough to play the other linebacker spots, and he’s been a key special teams performer over the years. The Steelers, among others, also wanted Fokou.

There’s no question McCarthy is the favorite at middle linebacker heading into the season.

The team expects Fokou to be in the mix there as well

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We should open a poll on who we think will play more in 2013............. My vote is Fokou

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok how do you pronounce this mans name? cause I gotta say, there's a few ways to go with it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Again, if he is better than Shaw, which he most likely is, then this = win.

5. JCBRAVE

I think it's Fo-ku

is that right?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Is he really that good?

Either way this opens us up to taking a solid MLB in the first or 2nd round next year.

7. JCBRAVE

This guy has played every LB spot, so if nothing else he gives us some quality depth at all 3 LB positions.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is what I assumed

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

fok-me no fo-ku

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. JCBRAVE

If this guy sees the field, I can absolutely see fans screaming Fo-k YOU!

Bud will be sitting upstairs smiling and flipping birds

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar