Food for thought: Asomugha at FS?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Oct 25, 2011.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Reid should consider it during practice

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Just wanted to hear some opinions on this, he's already bigger than your average FS, is physical and can hit. And it can allow him, Samuel and DRC to all be on the field together. And the Eagles don't play man anyways.

I think Reid should at least consider it in practice.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I think they should just let him play man...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think he has hit someone this season. He definitely got used to just showing up in Oakland and having opposing offenses throw at "the other" Chris Johnson or Phillip Buchannon all game.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's a man coverage guy not a zone guy. We'd be playing to his weakness. Plus, like another poster stated, he's not a hitter. If we're serious about upgrading our safety position we should do it through the draft.

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

The Eagles just dropped Asante Samuel. He's gone. Officially. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs with Giants. He's P!$$ED DOOD. He loved playing here, and then we just dropped him out of the blue. I think it's a good move, but I do feel for the guy. He's been huge for us for a while.

Allow the resident p!$$ed off Eagles fan to answer this question.

No. He was drafted to play saftey in Oakland, and he sucked.

They put him as a man corner, and surprise he was the best in the league. Pre-Revis.

Fast forward and our dumb new defensive coordinator winds up with him and DRC, two of the best man coverage corners in the NFL, and also incidentally two of the worst tacklers in the leage, and he tries to put them in some dumb zone scheme. It doesn't work.

Nnamdi looks lost, and DRC looks p!$$ed that he went from best young corner prospect in the league, to nickelback. Castillo should admit he's Fing up the defense, and do what Rex Ryan does.

I honestly think our pair of corners, DRC and Nnamdi is better than the Jets. Revis > Nnamdi, but not by much if we're talking man coverage. Look at what Nnamdi did in Oakland and compare to Revis. Basically the same number of catches and yards allowed. BUT our Cromartie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Their Cromartie. Honestly don't even see why Antonio is considered a top corner. I see a lot of Jets games televised in the Philly area, and let me tell you, I see him get burned by a #2 reciever almost every game. He also attracts at least two flags a game. He needs help over the top.

SERIOUSLY. It would work. I could be defensive coordinator for the Eagles today. Their biggest problem is their run defense, and they best CB combo in the league. It's simple, let them play man coverage and load up the box with 8 or 9 guys. Our safties suck anyway.

Maybe this is what's about to happen considering they just dropped Samuel. The zone coverage was really tailored for him because he's too short to play man coverage on larger recievers. I think that's why we dropped him, we had to change the defense too much to fit his style of play, but he's not the #1 dude in our secondary anymore so he became a burden.

Thanks for everything though, Asante. He seemed like a really chill dude, it's too bad what happened, but that's the game for you.

6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Excuse my spelling and gramamr, I'm drunk.

Lol, I looked at that post and was gonna edit it and then thought F it there's too much wrong. I'm just gonna have some more Jack.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7P-Vnfp1As&feature=related"]Chris Cooley gets SCRABBLED by Nnamdi Asomugha! - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar