Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 1 Titans vs Steelers Video Preview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by EmDiggy, Sep 6, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. EmDiggy Budding Star

Moolah:
    $367

Good afternoon Titans fans! Good luck this week!
    Em
    Cajun_Titan_33 and Titans Eternal high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Good stuff. Better breakdown than what we get from most of the networks. I'm sorry you blew the outcome prediction though. ;)

I think Pollard is going to be a key factor in coverage.
    EmDiggy high fives this.
  2. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $11,383
    I really learned a lot of football from watching this. Thanks man.
    EmDiggy high fives this.
  3. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,206
    excellent video and breakdown of the matchup..... sure hope we get the best of pitt on sunday! Locker needs his A game
    EmDiggy high fives this.
  4. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,445
    Very well done!
    EmDiggy high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $99
    Excellent as always. I think you misspoke in there though. I know you meant to say you gave the Titans the edge.
    EmDiggy high fives this.
  5. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,078
    Nice work! This is why it behooves the titans to play a lot of 3 WR sets and force the Steelers to take a LB (their strength) off the field to add a nickel (relative weakness gives us the advantage). It;'s also why Locker needs to be able to audible quick hitters, hitches, wr bubble screens etc when he sees stuff like that. I think we'll also see him go to either max protect (in this case 7 blockers vs their 6 rushers with man coverage on our outside WR (one covered by Troy) and either an inside or outside LB on Walker or CJ depending on which blocks (draw or screen game). With max protect, we can hurt them with even slants, hitches, quicks outs or similar routes. Personally, I find the draw and screen game are less effective against the Steelers, but you will have some 'new' guys playing for them and we know Worilds and Jones really wanna get after the QB!

Not too many years ago, some teams really put the Steelers D in a bind going 4 WR sets and throwing all over the field on them as they couldn't match up. With Locker having zero experience that's a little too risky for this game (unless we have to) but keep a close eye on personel groupings. Base or heavy packages will favor the Steelers (un;less Warmack and Levitre start dominating the interior) while 3 and 4 wr sets give us more of a personel advantage (though fewer blockers for Locker to protect with.

Gut
    EmDiggy and TitanJeff high five this.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,999
    EmDiggy always well versed. Why hasn't a news station picked this dude up yet?

Probably does too much homework.
    EmDiggy high fives this.
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,467
    Agreed

Articulate and does his research. What you need is a catch phrase.....
    EmDiggy and Ten_Titans high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Catch phrase:

"Can you DIG it?"

[IMG]
    SawdustMan, Gut, Scarecrow and 1 other person high five this.