Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Draft - Big Board

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by EmDiggy, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How many edge rushers do we need? We have Ayers, Phillips, Morgan, Wimbley, Gooden, and sometimes Pollard comes down off the edge.

I think we're set enough with these OLB types that we can stop thinking Barr at 11.

2. JCBRAVE

If he didn't dominate the Big East then I'd say you have an argument, but he murdered that conference as he should. The only high ranked program he faced was UCF (5th rank) where he threw for nearly 400 yards. Kid can play, not like he made that schedule.

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

If Ayers doesn't improve, he won't be on the team much longer. Phillips is old. Morgan can be good but is sporadic. Wimbley might get cut, and either way he's not who we thought he was. He lost his job to Pito. Gooden is raw. Brown should be nice. Barr could be a franchise pass rusher for the next decade.

Getting pressure on the QB is the fastest way to improve your entire defense. If not Barr or a QB, maybe we should trade back and pick up a 3rd.

4. JCBRAVE

Fair enough

But dont sleep on Wimbley, he didn't lose his job, it was taken from him by Jerry Gray and Ruston Webster. They felt we needed to bulk up so they went out and found a 300 pounder and never looked back.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I think Wimbley will play much better under the 3-4. It isn't like the dude can't play. Honestly, I just want someone that is the future and can step in and make us more competitive instantly. We can talk in circles for hours, but I think it really comes down to who gets taken ahead of #11. The Titans are in a GREAT position to take BPA now....but we will all have our own opinions of who that is. Regardless, we are very likely to get a top 10 talent at OLB, ILB, CB, WR, TE, or T. That is something to be happy about as a Titans fan.

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I still want Barr @ 11. He has a year to put some polish on his game now that we signed Phillips. But since Philips isnt a long term answer we're realistically looking at a rush olb for our 3-4 in next years draft. At least this year we have lockers last audition. If locker fails we can't afford to spend a high enough pick on an elite talent next season so this is our only safe chance at a Barr like player. So in my mind if they don't draft a qb in the 1st it better be Barr!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar