Football Outsiders Cornerback Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SephirothSK, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5 times a game at Pac and Rey. Somehow doubt it.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

if we get Asante Samuel, who stock over at titanscentral says is the main guy we will go after- than what will become of Reynaldo, I don't think he beats Finnegan from that NB spot, Finnegan has already become one of the better NB's in the NFL, so do we put him in different packages or what, and do you guys think Andre Woolfolk is gone next season?

3. If we sign a top CB (I'd rather have Clements), Hill will become the top backup CB (not nickelback).

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think Hill could possibly be a nickle candidate
    or maybe FS :brow:

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I agree for once. I think we should keep Hill. He's not a bad guy for depth. He's just not starting material. He's in the top 10 worst starting corners in the league.

Oh, I am prefer Samuel BTW... He's younger and had a better year. Also, he might even be cheaper too.

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I don't think Hill is physical enough to be NB.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I don't know how they calculate those numbers. There are times that we are in zone. If the passes are completed in the soft spot, I don't think they count against anyone (except for the scheme).

Obviously, I am not saying that we have only had 74 passes thrown against our secondary, but possibly what that means is we have had 74 passes thrown to Hill and Pac in man coverage.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

For one, the site clearly say these aren't complete stats, so no they're not saying that only 74 passes were thrown against Pac and Hill all season.

Secondly, let's not forget that there are more players on defence than the CB's who have coverage assignments. Obviously a number of passes are against Hope, LT, Bulluck, etc.

And Gunny, sorry dude, but any way you look at it, Hill giving up that many yards per attempt means he's not defending the passes well enough. If he has a 50% pass defence score, it would mean that every completed pass had to be for an avg. of 20 yards, which is ridicolous.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Are we all mind readers here? I didn't mention Hill. I am talking about the stats in general.

sheesh just because I like the guy don't mean I defend him to all end.

10. All I have to say is.. regarding our corners.

In every game I can remember, 3 - 5 times when the ball is thrown to Hill's side, he could be right on the man, and NEVER looks bad.. or looks back TOO LATE. I honestly seen a couple of plays when the WR was running, turned his head and put his hands up.. Hill kept pursuing the man, when he could have clearly turned around and deflected the ball. The guy just can't seem to find the ball. He should be replaced with Asante Samuel or atleast a *decent* corner back who can atleast find the ball.

Pac-Man isn't Deion yet, but he has the talent. And he will make it to that level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar