For all the haters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans had three personal fouls as well.

Vince will never be compared to Joe Montana but he is 16-1 in games he doesn't throw a pick. I take his game yesterday over Manning and his bone-headed left-handed throw. Give me a passer rating over 100 any day over passing yards. It means he was efficient with his opportunities.

Young has a long way to go as a QB, no doubt. But let's give some credit to the guy for having a solid game yesterday. He bounced back from a horrible game and showed the maturity many of us have been calling for.

I see the glass half-full.

2. DivineDiva

DivineDiva Camp Fodder

To me this was the most encouraging part about the win.
    Vince looked solid. He didnt look shook by last week. He seemed very composed and he made good decisions. I think 2 years ago, he would have been pouting and had this 'everyones picking on me' attitude.

But he looked like he was out to prove he had the maturity and fortitude to shake off the adversity and make a solid comeback.

Im excited to see what he's gonna do the rest of the season!

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not following your point unless you are suggesting their lack of self discipline occurred at more inopportune times.

Agree completely. QB's are expected to not turn the ball over. I also think a lot people have unreal expectations from Vince. I know that I wish he were more like McNair in that he would tuck and run the ball when there is an opportunity. I thought that was what we were getting when we drafted him. I believe that is his real strength but I understand his reluctance to do so. I just feel short changed that we didn't get a QB who is disciplined like Peyton, intuitive like Brady, or utilizes his physical skills the way Vick does. Vince wins no doubt, but I'm not comfortable attributing it to him when our gameplan really just asks him not to lose it for us.

I see the glass isn't as full as it could/should be. I admit I am still bothered when I see him perform horribly in a game and then it is reported that he was apparently cavalier in his preparation the week prior. Five years IS long enough time to develop an appreciation for preparation. Vince was totally lost in that Pittsburgh game.

In regards to yesterday- I've already said he did what he should have done and I'm pleased with the victory. But it is really worth "praise" that he did not respond to his benching immaturely? He is a five year pro and his immaturity may well have been the cause of his benching in the first place.
    I'm tired of having to "handle" Vince like a child.

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Haterz gon' hate....

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm just saying it was happening on both sides. Some were ticky-tack, some were stupid. It was a physical game. I think Coughlin preached all week to his team how you have to hit the Titans in the mouth.

No. He doesn't deserve praise for being mature. He does deserves praise for a 105 passer rating. He doesn't deserve criticism just because he didn't pass for 300 yards—especially when he was handcuffed most of the first half.

7. Riverman

Dummy it down to suit you. It's your prerogative, it's your loss.

8. Riverman

sounds like we agree- just from a different perspective.

9. Coov

Coov Starter

Vince may never live past his maturity issues. Many disliked him even before that was the issue at hand. In that case how can he possibly win in the eyes of some. Maturity in most cases are fixed with time. At least we have seen some improvement there.
    He was thrown in quickly with very high of expectations. If it were me a meltdown would have been inevitable. OK, he took a step back vs the Steelers... now looks to be moving on with the little chance he had.

Should we not be taking advantage of teams stacking the box. I'd like to see what Vince is made of (good or bad) rather than just give him a handful of balls to throw to judge him by. Until then we have to keep on wondering. I'd rather know than hope!

10. Riverman

I agree with you. I'd like to turn Vince loose and see what he can do from a passing and/or running (draw, rollout, etc) standpoint when they do stack the box. I HATE giving CJ 30+ carries a game waiting for him to break a big one. He won't last 2 more years that way.

5 years is long enough to know if Vince will cut it as a passing QB as well. The issue could be resolved one or way or the other.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar