For the uninformed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Guys I'm not going to be a negative nancy but let's be a little real here....

1. We're pretty banged up right now. We just came off an emotional loss and we're facing our main rival next week, I think we win but we have to be very cautious.

2. Jags okay that's a win.

3. Anyone thinking that the Texans are going to simply roll over has another thing coming. The Texans will eventually rest their starters but do you honestly think they want their division rival to make the playoffs? Think back a few years ago when we played the Colts week 17, it'll be that type of a game and probably tougher. Also if this did happen wouldn't we play the Texans in the playoffs? They don't want that, don't chalk this up as a W.

However, I do like our chances to make the playoffs but just one loss and we're done. We have a hurt QB, CJ is bipolar, and a really young defense with some injuries at LB. It's not like this is an automatic.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't assume the Jags is an automatic win...

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

It'll be a win. The Titans have never lost a game that I have attended!

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I'm not counting on any automatic wins.
    I have some fear going into next week. Easy to come that close to beating one of the best teams in the NFL and then being a bit over confident the next week with a winless team.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

To get into the playoffs the Titans must win all three remaining games and then also hope that the NY Jets lose at least one game.If home field advantage is at stake in the last game for Houston then you better believe they won't be resting starters.Thats why i'm hoping nothing is at stake for them in the last game.

6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I love how a lot of people are chalking up the Texans game as an auto win or even the Jags. Last time I checked we lost to both earlier in the year. Also, I would bet that the Texans will not rest anybody against us for two reasons: 1) they may still be playing for the #1 or #2 seed and 2) do you guys really think they are going to roll over and let the Titans in the playoffs; doubt it.

Heck these are the same people who proclaimed the Texans would collaspe, lol.

I agree with david, I am thinking the Titans finish 9-7.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

We will win out. We just have to hope that the Jets, Bengals and Raiders all lose at least one more game these last 3 weeks.

8. JPSke

JPSke Starter

Texans are in a 4 way tie for the #1 seed right now. They are probably going to be playing for a bye in week 17, if not homefield advantage throughout. A lot is going to have to happen for that game to mean nothing to them.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Neither...although I've only been to 2 games.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

a Titan win and a Jets loss next week gives us sole possession of the 6th seed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar