For the uninformed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

allright then.

Would love too make the POs. This team is getting better week by week

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

could very well make it at 9-7......Another Jets loss and we pretty much control our destiny

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree 100%.

Before the Tampa game, I called out this exact scenario - Wins vs. TB & Buf, a loss vs. NWO and then 3 wins. We win out here and I feel like we're playoff bound.

Let's beat JAX & IND! Week 17 meaning something will be an awesome feeling for us Titans fan in what is supposed to be a rebuilding year!

Sidenote: Our first FIVE round picks from this draft all had a major impact today.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Looking at the Jets schedule, it's not hard to imagine them losing 2 of their last 3 as they have to play the Giants, Eagles, and Dolphins. Eagles and Dolphins don't have good records but are much improved over earlier in the season. No way the Jets will beat the Giants imo. The Bengals will likely lose to the Ravens. The Raiders are really struggling. If we win our last 3, I think we get in the playoffs. It will likely all depend on whether we can beat the Texans. I am very excited about the Titans future regardless. We have young studs galore on defense, and a very promising young QB of the future. Just imagine if Kenny Britt can come back and be healthy for a whole season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

I could easily see this happening...

Jets lose at Philly next week or against Gmen
    Bengals drop their game against the Ravens (although Baltimore could be resting their players)
    Raiders lose to the Lions or Chargers

And us win out....especially if Houston rests guys in 17

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't know where to find out how tie-breakers work so what happens if we end up 10-6 and tied with NYJ and Cinci?

I can see the Jets losing to the Giants for sure and I can also see Miami beating them. I can't see Cinci losing to STL or AZ and I'm not sure that Baltimore will rest their guys unless they're playing for the top seed and I believe they'll get in over us since they won the head to head.

The one thing I'm certain about is that we must win out to even have a shot.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Cinci have the tie-breaker on us, because they beat us. As far as the Jets go, I believe the team with the better conference record gets the spot.

8. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

If it ends up as a 3 way tie between titans jets and bengals, titans get the last spot based on conference record. In a 3 way tie head to head is irrelevant

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Best Case Scenario:

Win out
    @ Denver 1st round (They do not scare me)
    Houston gets 1st round bye

Beat Denver
    @ Houston 2nd Round (they do not scare me either)

Talk about an easy road to the AFC Championship game. We already know we can beat Baltimore, so lets just hope for them and make a run at this thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar