For those wanting Kevin Kolb....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think trading 1st rounders is perfectly reasonable for Kolb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree with this...I honestly have never been impressed with Kolb, and if I had to choose, would take Orton over him (assuming Orton will still be dealt). I just heard Wilcox talking about possible Eagles trades, he mentioned the same trade with Cincy, with them then dealing Palmer for a pick, and thought it was an interesting idea.

3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Seeing our BEST QB on the roster seems to possibly be Chris Simms, Kevin Kolb is a hall of fame compared to that, do the deal.

And at 23 we can shoot for Corey Liuget.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not sure why everyone in the world seems to think Kevin Kolb is so great. He hasn't done anything in his career so far.

He's worth acquiring for the right price, but giving up #8 (even if you get back a late 1st) might be too steep.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Offer our 2nd rd pick in exchange for the Broncos third rd pick to get Orton. I would try that first.

I wouldn't be totally against the trade idea and with the 23rd pick i would take Rahim Moore the safety out of UCLA.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i dunno.. to me we're losing a future defensive star if we give up our spot..

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think grabbing Kolb now is roughly the same thing we would get if we were to draft Ponder and sit him for three years.

Kolb has had three years to sit and learn the pro game. He would be the prefect QB for us if we were to switch to the WCO and if the price is swapping firsts with the Eagles then I am all for it. At 23 we can still draft a player that would make an impact for us. Mike Pouncey and Phil Taylor would most likly be avaiable if we wanted to shore up either lines (which we need) and it would free our second and third round picks to take a LB or S (though I still hope we bring in Bullitt or Weddle to replace Hope)

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm not sure it's cut and dry like that, but that's definitely the thought that has me not liking the idea of getting rid of a top10 pick under any circumstances unless it's just mind boggling value.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm pretty lukewarm regarding Kolb, I just don't know what to make of him. At times he looks great and at other times just so-so, thus far he hasn't shown me a lot of consistency or durability. That said, the deal does make a good amount of sense, especially if we end up running a WC style of offense. We'd get an experienced QB with most of his career ahead of him and we'd still get the 23rd overall pick... and there will be very good talent at 23. Another nice thing is if we trade the 8th overall pick we will be rid of the possibility of drafting Cam Netwon or Blaine Gabbert.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The historical difference between picking 8th or 23rd is almost nothing. There are many real good players on offense or defense we could get at 23.

S Rahim Moore

DT Paea

MLB-SAM Martez Wilson

DE-DT JJ Watt

OLB Montay Moch

CB jimmy Smith

OLB Carter

Almost no difference between picking 23rd or 8th based on historical results.

A 23rd pick along with a high 2nd would allow us to compliment our picks if going defense getting a DB in rd one and then coming back in rd 2 with a linemen.

Ray Lewis was a 26th pick. Ed reed was a 24th pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar