For those wondering why there is no Le Tour Thread....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Big TT, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Just wanted to let all my "friends" at GoTitans know why Big TT has been out of touch lately. As you know I ride....at lot. Last Sunday I was part of a relay team for the Chattanooga Waterfront Tri. I did the cycling portion of course. The course is a 40 K ride, really not much for me truthfully, and I was about 22 miles into it when a Jeep, according to witnesses, swerved into one of the cones separating the cyclists from the traffic. The cone was sent flying....into my front wheel. Sending me down hard on my left side, according to my Garmin computer I was cooking along at about 26 mph at the time. I truthfully never saw anything....one moment I am finishing up my ride...then next I am down hard. Broken left hip, full replacement (surgery went fine), broken left collarbone (surgery went fine), and 3 cracked ribs on my left side.
    I have been home for a few days now....and have begun therapy. According to my Surgeon, a fellow cyclist btw, I should make a full recovery...but it will take between 7 months and a year. Simply walking now is something I no longer take for granted. Everything hurts, everything is swollen. I have never experienced anything more humbling in my entire life. I do see small improvements each day and try to stay focused on them. I don't know how much I will be around here...maybe less...maybe more...but the political bs doesn't seem to really matter as much....don't misunderstand, I still think you "leftist" are misguided fools....but I will make the attempt to keep it to myself. BTW, doesn't JCB drive a Jeep?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Damn man.

I hope you make a full recovery. I'm guessing the Jeep never stopped or anything?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

No Jeep didn't stop.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Wishing you a speedy recovery, I just went through my second full hip replacement. Stay strong mentally and it will help the recovery. I was walking without walking aids at 5 weeks, back to work at 6. 12 weeks in and although muscles still tender doing great.

Damn jeep! But I think @JCBRAVE seems more like a Kia Soul driver.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:scorebad:

There's is nothing about me that suggests a Kia, you're confusing me with Bangs

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As much as I'd like to insert a wisecrack like an upside down Jeep logo that says beer, I take part in my own risky activities and prefer not to have any bad karma looking for me.

Good luck with the rehab, like Ontario said, it's as much about being mentally strong as anything. Take it day by day and know better days are ahead.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow that's crazy. Speedy recovery to you!

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Lol I don't know who Bangs is

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Oh wow, I thought you were just on vacation again. Thank goodness you are alive, it could have been much worse I am sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar