Ford Receiving Praise from Washburn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: It is hard to know what the Titans can expect from second-year DE Jacob Ford. Before training camp his rookie season, a viral infection caused him to lose 20 pounds. Not far into training camp, Ford tore an Achilles tendon in his left foot which ended his season. So far in OTAs this spring, Ford is getting noticed by DL Coach Jim Washburn. "If somebody asked me who the most surprising player we had out here was, I’d say Jacob," Washburn said. "He’s quick and he’s tough. I just didn’t know because he was hurt. He’s tough, he’s quick and he’s fast and he’s instinctive...He’s going to be a really good player for us."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Can't get too excited this early, but I'd love to see him make the squad and make some plays. He looked like he had some good potential as a pass rusher from his highlight vids and workout #'s.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Sucked that he got injured last year. He's really got some potential. Hopefully he can stay injury free and see the field.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tyE5zZUVjOM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tyE5zZUVjOM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Yea it would be great if he got the start over kearse though. That would be insane.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ford looks about 6'11 when standing in that line at the end haha.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I don't know how good his competition was in college but he dominated over every team he was up against in that video. He definately looks fast.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I saw him in Training Camp last year before he had his injury, and I liked what I saw from him. Yeah he's a little undersized, but he's got some speed to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar