forget about drafting a QB Floyd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tonye209, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Look for steve in that ugly purlple and black if all this is true. i dont know but it sure seems like eddie all over again and this is sad but we made it without eddie and we'll make it without steve i hate to say it but the truth is a painful blow to diehard fans as this pains me to pen this out right now just like 2 years ago i'll be in shock then it will wear off as the season progresses and beside mac to mase would be a good fit in b-more the land of former titans

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath. Throwback types.....like Steve. Difference is, they won their Superbowl(s).

:kiss:

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't think Young could come in and play as soon as next season. Sorry, but I don't think he's smart enough to pick up everything fast enough. I say we look to try and get Leinhart by either trading up a spot or playing our cards right at the #3 pick (whatever). Either way, I don't think we'll know wether or not Steve will be back for certain until after the draft. Floyd and the boys hold all the cards right now regaurdless of what kind of crap Buzz Cook is throwing out there. Finally, if we get our QB of the future then I say let Steve go. May sound harsh but a rookie QB isn't going to get any better unless he plays and it'll take one or two year no matter how long he sits out so why not throw him in the fire....

Regaurdless of what happens in the draft I think this situation is going to boil down to the same senerio that Eiddie George's did. The Titans will throw a figure at Steve and he'll either take it or move on, period.

4. I agree with you 200%, we need a 1999-2002 type shut down smash mouth defense, and you said it, protect Mac's blind side, SUPPORTING CAST is all he needs!!!!

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I don't think we'll know the answer until the next offseason. Steve has some good excuses right now for last year like a slew of rookie WRs, a new OC, loss of Mason, etc.

He looked lost at times last year and any of the above could explain that.

The Titans don't have to do anything this year to keep him. He's under contract. Let's see who we draft and how things shake out this season. Some of these muddy questions will be much clearer 16 games from now.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brian..

Namath a throwback type? He wore fur on the sidelines! Namath had about 6 knee surgeries by the age of 28. He can't be a realistic example.

Bradshaw retired at 35 and did have a solid year at 34 with 17 tds and 11 ints. In his espn bio he insists he still could play but the steelers were not very good and he didn't feel wanted. Besides bradshaw already had 4 titles, steve should be more motivated.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you left out some more excuses he could use: he was hurt and didn't practice (no practice, no chemistry with the WR's) during the week but played

you are dead on with the looking lost, deer in the headlights look:ha:

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Ease up big fella. By "throwback" I simply meant 30 years ago when guys didn't work out in the offseason. Like Steve.

:kiss:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what exactly did we make there?

10. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

that sounds ugly...i rather see Mcnair in sliver and black and getting a chance to see him over here in cali then in wit that ravens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar