Forget about this "overpaying" stuff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

SK...nice to see you've come around. We're a little late to the party IMO, but I am glad to see us doing something. Any coincidence that you've changed your tune as we are actually making a few moves?

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

because we want to get back to winning 10-12 games a year! :thumb:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

KVB is beginning to look like a steal.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

KVB is a steal...as long as his knees don't blow out and end his career.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I am all for a good contract that is less than what he wants, plus incentives to push him to where he wants, or even a little over it.

Basically, if he's going to produce over 1000 yards a season, then I'm for paying him like it. Shoot, if he produces close and helps Bennett produce like he did in Mason's last year, I'd almost be for it, too.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah G

if the guy can come in and by next year be grab 70+ and sniff 850+ .....
    and if he can convert 50+ first downs like in '04
    then I wouldn't mind letting him roll in some dough

but I don't like contributing a large sum to a career #2

now, since we're on discussion of "maybe it'll work" I'll offer this

Eric Moulds

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd pass on Moulds

8. Come around to what? I said they didn't have to sign anyone immediately and that they should get good value. As I said to begin this thread, what looks like overpaying in some cases is actually close to market value now, it's just that prices have gone up due to inflation (if you will).

That's not to say that all the deals are for market value. The big names still do get overpaid right away. That's just the way it is.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Whats wrong with Moulds? Goes off easy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar