Forget about VY starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Fisher said in the interview on www.titansonline.com that was uploaded a few minutes ago, that Kerry is NOT the reason we are 0-3 and that he is doing a fine job. When asked if he was thinking of changing QB's he flat out said NO.

I agree with Fisher, Kerry is doing fine, putting in VY would be a disaster. Our D and Special teams are why we are losing, not the offense.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

He also said that he would never let a player lose his position because of an injury, and that kerry would be the starter as long as were winning. Nothing he says is etched in stone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I can't help but wonder why most every one wants to place blame on only one "area" of our team.

The QB play has been bad, the defense has been bad, the ST has been horrific & our play calling has been predictable & vanilla. Well with the exception of the play CJ split out wide...

Our team as a whole is to blame for their performance. Changing just one thing isn't going to make that much of a difference. We need some major work in order to get back in the swing of things. Maybe those changes are small and minute for each individual area, but as a whole, their glaring.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. stickskills

stickskills Camp Fodder

I called Plaster on 104.5 on Saturday and told him this quote and the laughed at me and said Fisher never said anything like this.

I can't wait to see CJ and VY on the field at the same time. If I was a D Coordinator that would be my worst nightmare.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I am against putting VY in too, but overall, coaches are liars. Tony Dungy is the only person who hasn't bent the truth significantly in recent years. If you see us get to 0-6, he'll start to kind of forget the promises he made in Week 3.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

You told them what i said? That's bs fisher has said those quotes. their idiots

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Think about who you quoted that to. That guy is a joke

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

How do you know that?
    Besides, even though the QB play isn't the only thing that has been bad, why would that prevent changing the QB?
    Why not give Vince a shot? See if he's really up for being the QB we drafted him to be.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Sound familiar?

10. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Is changing our QB gonna make our secondary play better?

It may take pressure off our D if VY does better, but ultimately if our D doesn't play up to par, it doesn't matter what QB we have in there.

Is changing our defensive scheme going to make our QB play better?

It would take some pressure off our offense having to always make plays. A Fisher team doesn't rely on a team that can score on a whim, so in this scenario it may help but since our offense can't finish drives, our D is just going to be back out there after a couple of minutes anyway.

Is getting a better KR/PR going to help our D and QB play better?

This very well could help both sides of the team for us. It would take a lot of pressure off of the offense, in turn taking pressure off of the defense.

BTW, I'm not against changing anything at this point if it helps us win.

I think Collins time has come and gone, I think he could be one of the best back up QB's in the league, but he isn't a solid starter any more. He has passed his prime. Take him out to the pasture after this season.

Putting in VY at this point couldn't hurt. Hell if he does worse we can always go back to mediocrity and put Collins back in.

I also think we need to see more of LW. He isn't quite the threat to break a long one like CJ is, but I think that is were the coaching staff is making a mistake. We are relying TOO much on CJ. LW seems to be getting consistent chunks, nearly 4 YPC. IMO, we need that more than HOPING CJ breaks one loose.

CJ is averaging 6.6 YPC and a lot of that is due to the Houston game. Granted he had a good average vs the Jets, we still need to get LW more involved. Grind the D down with LW and Shred them with CJ.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar