Forget about VY starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

My crystal ball says Collins will finish out the season.

if we dont get more than 8 wins, VY should win the job back for 2010.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Where the hell did those come from? lol thats alot of 2 yd gains aha:ha::ha:
    But nice stats. Doesn't seem like to big of a gap for a jorneyman qb and a 4th yr pro .

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I'm one of the guys saying VY needs a shot because not that Kerry is the reason we are 0-3. But i feel his play has not been good enough to put us in position to make an attempt at a playoff run. Now will Vince play better? I don't know. But i get really ticked when people say well if he was in, he would stink and suck and all that crap. It's a biased judgment, especially when Kerry has had years of horrible play. The fair way to do it is to at least give the guy a chance before writing him off and making bogus predictions. I feel that way about all our players. Just like I've been wanting to give Chris henry another shot. Hell if Vince sucked then give Ramsey a try. All I'm saying is at least be fair to the player for your supposed favorite team. And Jeff I'm not singling you out, I'm directing this towards a lot of guys who already think of Vince as a bust. Guys like Eddy and Deuce Wayne. Who claim that if Vince was in, they would cheer for him to play well, yet write him off and predict he will amount to nothing for this team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Should it matter? If he should be the starter as you say shouldn't he have destroyed the BROWNS backups? Hell the Browns backups would probably lose to a college team. But they were good enough for not 1 but 2 turnovers vs. Vince. And when Vince fumbled on the 5 who's fault was that? Was that one of our backups? Was the Hawkins fault? How about the pick 6 thrown RIGHT TO the Browns corner? Was that Craig Stevens' fault?

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Your putting words in my mouth. I never said Collins was the main reason we are 0-3, or the main reason we went 10-0. I said, He's a part of the reason we are 0-3, and I won't deny his play was a part of the reason we were 10-0 last season.

and how isn't collins a part of the reason we are 0-3? Did he not fumble the ball vs houston? Is that not a part of the reason we lost that game? Did he not throw 2 interceptions and struggle down the stretch vs New York? Did that not contribute to the loss? Your giving Collins a cloak of invincibility that shoots down any credibility you have IMO. Because from what I'm reading, unless every other player on this team plays perfect football, and Collins struggles and we end up with a Loss, Collins isn't going to get blamed because "he shouldn't be in that situation".

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I SERIOUSLY doubt that's what Bud has in mind if we go 0 and at the most 2 more.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But what I think many of you ignore here is that Bud had no problem forcing Fisher's hand two years ago because he felt, at the time, he wanted his investment on the field and Young gave the Titans the better opportunity to win in a rebuilding season.

I have no doubt Bud would pick up a phone and force Fisher's hand again unless he felt Collins gives the Titans the best shot of winning. The man is pouring millions into Young and not getting any younger.

Fisher would sure love to give Young (if we to believe he think he's his QB of the future) time now since experience would only help him in the future.

Bud and Fish both make more money if the Titans win so why would either continue to play Collins?

It's because both think Collins gives the Titans a better shot at winning. It's that simple.

Fisher sees the two QBs in mini-camp, training camp, preseason games and practice now. He has a lot more insight as to where Young is than we do. All we have is his rookie season, '07 and a game and-a-half in '08.

Either you believe Fisher is an idiot, stubborn or just delusional as he was thinking Mouton could handle the return duties. Fisher just signed Jones which tells me he'll make a change when change is needed. At the point he feels Young gives the Titans the better opportunity to win, he'll make the change. He not at that point yet for a reason.

8. jessestylex

we will prob lose 4-5 more games.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think the reason we have there hasn't been a qb change because of the way we are losing. All things are correctable. So a minor tweak could be the answer. I'll see how it goes against jax. I guess if kerry plays poorly, then it would be fitting for him to lose his job against jax. lol

10. jessestylex

beating the jags really isn't a measuring tool of where we stand.

we could look like a All Star team sunday, then get raped by the Reggie Wayne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar