Former Chiefs and Texans OT Eric Winston visited the Titans today (per Adam Schefter)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by munie, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He has a roster bonus due at some point in 2013. I don't know when the deadline for those kick in(I'd assume sometime in September when the roster becomes final?), but he's due $1 million at some point this season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/david-stewart/

I've become a little concerned with our tackles in the last few days. Both have player options for 2014 and I don't think we extend both of them since they're both over 30 and their play has dipped.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Draft Tiny Richardson next year to replace one of the tackles

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This is kinda interesting, considering that Bruce Matthews was Winston's OLine coach in Houston. We should have some pretty good insight as well as familiarity. Stewart could be on his way out

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

This visit is not a good sign about Stewarts recovery. I don't think his play was that bad last year but compared to his usual play it did dip somewhat. They may see him as declining and look for a cheaper alternative. I hope Stew is back and returns to form cause him and Warmack would be fun to watch on the right side.

Usually you don't bring in a player of Winston's caliber as due diligence unless you see yourself needing his services.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Stewart right now is probably our weakest link on the OL, so bringing in Winston would make sense. Stewart has really slowed down, and if not for drafting Chance and signing Andy, I was all for moving Stewart to G (I personally thought he would be able to play the G position).

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Stew had some trouble last year.

From everything I heard, Winston was effin' terrible with the Chiefs...

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Would rather get Idonije and keep Stewy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

My parents are from Kansas City and I watch quite a few Chief games. There is a reason why the Chiefs cut him. He really isn't that great.

9. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I think it would mean the release of Stewart. Both of them are starting material, and Stewart is a worry coming off of the injury. Winston would be cheaper, too.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Back up plan only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar