Former Titan lineman Fred Matua passes away

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Former Titans offensive lineman Fred Matua, who spent the 2006-07 seasons on the team’s practice squad, passed away on Sunday morning at the age of 28.

According to reports, early indications are the cause of death was heart related.

Matua, a 6-foot-2, 305-pounder, played at Southern Cal from 2003-05. He was selected in the seventh round of the NFL Draft by the Lions, but he ended up with the Titans for two seasons. Titans Coach Mike Munchak served as Matua’s offensive line coach during his time with the team.

Later, Matua spent time with the Browns and Redskins.

On Monday, Titans receiver O.J. Murdock was found dead in Tampa, Fla., of what police called an apparent suicide. Murdock was injured in training camp last season. He didn’t report to the team at the start of training camp.

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well this sucks. 2 Titans dead in 1 week.... Wheres Kerry Collins at today?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't say I ever remember this guy but so young.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The name looks vaguely familiar, I always have a good memory for Titans players names.. Sad to hear, RIP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar