Forum Grammar?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I have to confess to being completely dismissive of anyone who uses "text speak". Whether valid or not, it just drives me nuts and reeks of laziness. I know I might be ignoring some otherwise educated views, but I just can't help but feeling if your opinion isn't important enough to you for you to take the time to type it out in proper English, then why on earth should it carry any weight with me.

I'm not sure why but I find the brutalization of the word "probably" particularly annoying.

Personally I'm awful with typos and just leaving out words all together. Usually mental lapses such as spelling errors don't bug me at all, but if a post is rife with spelling and grammatical errors then it goes back to my problem with "text speak"; If you can't be bothered to make an effort to properly type out your post, than I won't waste my time.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Omgz lolzor rotflcopter l1k3 d00d wh4t ar3 y0u ta1king aB0ut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar