Foster v Riddick -- Draft Wars Rd. 1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 12, 2017.

?

Which prospect do you prefer

Poll closed Apr 15, 2017.
  1. Foster

69.4%
  2. Riddick

30.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Riddick has played zero games as a MLB, unless of course you want to count an All-Star game at the end of the year.

Let that sink in.

Yes, he's got great measurables, but he's never played ILB/MLB. He's been a Rush End his entire collegiate career.

For all the people on here knocking Foster for a few "false steps" and "instincts", think about lining up Brian Orakpo as MLB and see how many of those you get.

I'd rather have Jarad Davis in the 2nd than Riddick in the 1st.

#11 Jwill1919, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm fine with Foster (though injuries worry me a bit, as well as finding a good playing weight), but...

I think Reddick has the right mix of talent and drive to be a superstar. I think he can be a Bowman/Willis type player.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Personally I like Cunningham more then either of these guys

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

I like foster, but think reddick is a better fit because of his versatility. I know he hasn't played ilb before, but im sold on the fact that he can.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He has tape from the ILB spot, not a lot but he moves into a LB spot in some of his games

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I would be very surprised if we took Reddick. JRob has said many times that he doesn't like projects. Guy who is changing position is a project. Changing from hand in the dirt to middle lb running the D is a lot to ask. Cant see us taking him at all.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Yep, I agree with all of this. I always thought he was in the 240 range, surprises me that he is that small.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I like Reddick, but he doesn't stand a chance vs Foster in this matchup

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pretty much my feelings as well

Reddick will be good once he gets a hang of ILB tho

10. kenny

kenny Starter

I have watched REPEATED "Holy ****!!!" hits from Foster. If he can be half the player in the NFL he is going to be a star. He was in a bad habit of hitting with the top of his helmet. Which to me is where he got his medical concerns. He seems to have adjusted technique and now looks like he is hitting even harder. It has been a VERY long time since I have seen a Titans' defense that hits with that kind of attitude. I really believe he is the kind of leader that WILL influence others to play his style of football. Not only by being vocal, but also by others seeing the results. Once Media, HCs, and Fans see this guy blowing up NFL players; they will be talking about him. Others on the team are going to want to be that guy as well. I really believe he will have that kind of influence on the team. It's the type of impact that you rarely see from a rookie. However, I do believe he will bring that physical/hard hitting attitude & it will spread through out the team. I also believe the coaches will encourage others to follow his physical example.

Do I think we will draft him?........I do not know. I hope he is available & JRob sees the value of the effect he COULD have on this team. I don't think we take him at 5........but if we move back any at all; I am comfortable taking him in the 1st. I believe he will be a 3 down ILBer that will change our defense for the better.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar