Four Months until the start of Free Agency!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I think everyone can agree, our team is vastly improved from last year. Maybe we make a playoff push this season, maybe next year is the year of the Titans. Regardless, the future looks bright in Titan town.

Believe it or not, we are three quarters of the way to the next round of free agency. I personally cannot wait to see what JRob has in store for us this year. He HAS to know we are only a few pieces away from being a legitimate contender. Those pieces? The obvious is CB.

The top free agents are looking like:
    Trumaine Johnson
    AJ Bouye
    Stephon Gilmore
    Morris Claiborne
    Captain Munnerlyn
    Prince Amukamara
    DJ Hayden

Honestly, any of these guys would IMMEDIATELY be the best corner on our team. Pair one of them with Marlon Humphry or another 1st round draft CB and we could be set at the position for 4-5 years.

What other positions need upgrading in your opinion? Wide Receiver? Inside linebacker? Who do you like?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I would rather build through the draft...

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Yep, secondary players and a deep threat wr. I.would like to get Quincy Wilson and Cam Sutton in the 2-3 round.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Most poverty FA class ever

More intrested in the draft

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Amukamara and Gilmore have been baaaaaaad this year.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

You're right about Gilmore, major down year in a contract year. Could be had for cheap? ;)

Amukamara however has been having a very good year. 15th ranked CB in coverage so far this season.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Draft. DRAFT.

FA for depth... maybe a gem. Maybe.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We're all ignoring the best DB prospect this year.

9. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I agree with Dangermode that most of these would be walk-on's with us at the moment but that says more about what we have got rather than what this group is. I'd give Amukamara a look as his form this year has been good ( had a good game Sunday too ) but I'd rather draft high for the DB's this time round.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Those CBs just aren't very good and/or will not be worth the demand.

If we're going to blow money on a DB it needs to be Berry... only if the Chiefs would let him walk.

Otherwise, for the love of god just address DB (multiple picks) in the draft.

#10 RavensShallBurn, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar