Four Titans Named as Alternates to Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though no Titans players were voted to play in the Pro Bowl, four have been added as alternates. Rookie QB Vince Young was named as was six-time Pro Bowl C Kevin Mawae, S Chris Hope and Pacman Jones at returner. The NFL goes up to four alternates deep per position, and QB Steve McNair and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch wound up playing last February as injury replacements. Coach Jeff Fisher said that he was surprised no Titans were named for the third consecutive year. "When you get off to a slow start, people don't pay attention to you. We didn't put anybody in the Pro Bowl when we reached the championship game," he said, referring to the 2002 season when they reached to AFC championship game.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Honestly I don't think Bulluck had a probowl year this year, of course some of the players selected for his positon didn't either, but still.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2.5 sacks for an OLB isnt good enough.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

4 players deep for alternates. Dayum. Isn't that the whole league.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

it is for a team that doesnt blitz.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

wow... Bulluck aint even an alternate. whatever nfl u homos. put a god (d word) cheater in "merriman" ... whatever

8. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

Bulluck deserved it over both Merriman and Thomas. He has more tackles than both of them, and Merriman does steroids.

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I was surprised a 'roid abuser like Merriman got in. I think it's BS that these commisioners of sports talk about wanting to put an end to steroids, but yet someone who blatantly cheated to get where he is, is in an all-star game. Another interesting point is, the whole thing got minimal to no coverage. What with the whole baseball problem, you'd think some red flags would go off with this. Maybe the NFL tried to save face and put a muzzle on the media from blowing it up.......but that's a whole different issue.

That aside, would be crazy if Vince went to the Pro-Bowl. However, I feel Brady deserves it more, even though I despise Brady and think he was the most over-hyped, product for awhile.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:eh?: c - o - n ...spiracy

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar