Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Franchising Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,165
    I think we should lock him up for at least the next 5 years at $5-6 million per year. Sure he isn't a good blocker at all but he is our best receiving playmaker.
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,327
    You work for Cook or something? $5M a year for him in salary? Nooo, sorry bud, thats way too high for a part-time TE.

But for the 1 year, we can handle franchising him for $6M
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,256
    I know better to entire Gotitans.com threads discussing Jared Cook because it makes me feel like every fan here is a moron.

Stop with the blocking nonsense already.

He's the 2nd best offensive player we have currently. That's the end of it.

Seriously talking up some undersized TE out of college saying he'll be better? Unlikely.

The ONLY thing wrong with Jared Cook is the team that he's on and it's coaching staff.
    Big Time Titan and titan520 high five this.
  4. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,356
    I don't have an issue with his blocking, everyone knows that's a weakness but what I don't like is his inconsistencies and how the staff uses him. If we're going to spend a lot of money on him and not utilize him the best way possible then what's the point? Especially if he's already unhappy.
  5. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,187
    the little guy as some people here call him deserves to rest his body a little bit, if he comes back lenwhale ish then theres a problem but hes been carrying the load for 3 years straight getting a lot of touches taking a lot of hits from big d lineman who destroy our o line and hit him when he gets the ball. i doubt hes seriously taking 3 m onths off from any physical exercise. hell still trainand stay in shape somehow. come back with fresh legs cj! a improved o line will be waiting for ya...
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  6. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $114
    That's what I'm saying. He probably had reason to be upset. Yea he might not be a guy you can run a power play behind, but he should be used as a decoy as much as a pass option and he could still seal the end on inside running plays.

Hoping he remains a Titan. Maybe if we somehow turns things around next year he'll be willing to stay.
  7. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,165
    Haha. For real I don't doubt Cook's ability at all. He is legit and he proved that after Fisher quit. He deserves to be paid and we'd be stupid to left him walk and expect to replace him with just another blocking TE.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,416
    Hope Cook stays.
  8. MrBean Master of Not Much

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $428
    I would actually like to see him switched to a reciever. That's what he is really anyways. He could play the slot and mismatch like no other.
    titan520 high fives this.
  9. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,327
    He could be David Boston 2.0