Franchising Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hmm. I hadnt really thought about that.

With the workload he has at his size, he does need some rest.

2. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

He is a pro man, no need to worry about CJ! If the Titans paid him the first time they went through contract negotiations instead of giving him a band aid 1 year deal, then he would have had no reason to hold out. I believe he trained as much as a person can without their team the year of the hold out, but to truly be in "football shape" you need team workouts, team conditioning, etc... CJ missing a step because be was out of shape was absolutely the Titans' fault! He will come to camp in shape and ready to get in "football shape".

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm fine with this but what would make me the happiest is if Cook is labeled WR in 2013.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He may not have the elusiveness, but he can go up and get balls that Hernandez can't. He's also faster in the open field.

He's not as polished but doesn't need to be at this point. TE's can have long careers and if we make Cook happy and he fits in here, we have a solid piece for Locker. A QB always needs a solid TE.

Thompson can become our blocking TE when needed. He has the size and probably the meanness to get it done. Would just have to work on his technique.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'd like to see him used more as a decoy this season. Run some plays to his side but don't make him the key blocker. Run some running plays when he's on the opposite side. Do more to disguise how we're using him.

Screens, play actions.

If we ever get a creative OC we'll have a potent offense.

I know because of Madden!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I am willing to give Cook another shot. The Titans have dramatically under-utilized him. Yeah he can't block we already established that - a lot of TE's can't now days and are strictly "catching tight ends", they have other TE's on the roster who can block like Stevens. Let's let Cook loose this year for one more chance at it as he hits the prime of his career and lets see what happens. If its the same ole medicore results let him walk and test free agency next year otherwise try and lock him up.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Cook is a WR fellas. He is not a TE. He's split wide more than half his snaps. We actually need another TE so he can be a rotational WR in the slot and for matchup problems.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

However he is hardly the shifty player like Hernandez and he isn't a good blocker like Gronk... He's somewhere in between the mix of those two but not on either of their level... WR. ... Hes Mike Williams. Lol that's the best comparison for him.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Were gonna need 2 TE's regardless of if Cook remains here or not. It's much harder to find a talent like Cook then it is a run blocking TE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar