Free agency: Day 1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Just to recap on day 1, we got

Two Day 3 guys.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Thanks for this. I was having trouble keeping up with the flurry of activity.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

After the 1st quarter we are down 17-3

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

So what day 1 guys did we really have a shot at. Should we have paid Revis 45mil guaranteed....or maybe Suh 70mil guaranteed...it is easy to think that just because you have cap space you can land a bunch of studs. It doesn't work that way. I honestly would have been pissed if we signed Suh to a deal like the Fins.

Pass rushers are what we need and the top ones available have not signed anywhere yet. I expect we will sign one and everyone will complain that we over paid.

5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

We are definitely going to over pay no doubt about that. It's just a matter of who at this point....

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

So if Torrey Smith got 8per and we gave Harry Douglas 5.5per, how would you feel?

Bulaga got less than 7per.

Brandon Marshall for a 5th

Are you telling me we couldn't beat these offers?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Searcy is a good get.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Bulaga didn't even hit the FA market. We had no shot at him.

Brandon Marshall has been a cancer everywhere he has played...great talent, but horrible teammate. For a team who is going to be starting a young QB I can certainly understand not taking a chance on Marshall and his 22mil guaranteed contract.

Torrey Smith is a guy that I thought would fit Whiz's vertical game, but is he really worth 9mil a year. Also if winning is important to him of course he would choose another team over the Titans.

I wish we were the Colts who had a franchise QB that other players wanted to play with. We do not have one and thus we are at a disadvantage.

The grade on our offseason will come down to how we handle the #2 and #33 picks in the draft. Those 2 selections are going to be pivitol in this franchises history.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Day 1:

We didn't sign Suh, McCourty, Cobb, didn't trade for Ngata, Graham, Marshall and Locker retired.

The world is falling because RW clearly doesn't play Madden.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. Blue_Camo

Blue_Camo Starter

I think they should hold open tryouts, like the replacements, cuz nobody wants to come play with the remaining cast of characters we have in this town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar