Free Agency for Givens Was a Wild Ride

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans newest WR David Givens went through quite a lot the days following the beginning of the free agency period including a bogus article published on the Cleveland Browns website saying he'd been signed by the Browns and an erroneous article published in the Houston Chronicle saying a trip to visit the Texans had been cancelled because he'd resigned with the Patriots. Over a 72 hour period, he visited three teams, went through physicals with each and lost weight because of the stress involved with the process. In the mix was The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt contacting Givens's agent to express the Titans interest and a mysterious Eddie George jersey which may have been an omen.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

a mysterious Eddie George jersey? What's that about?

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

If I recall I think he said that when he was in Houston visiting the Texans he saw someone in a Titans' #27 jersey and viewed it as some sort of omen that he would eventually sign in Tennessee.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It's a nice and well-written article. Gives you an insight of what is going on.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    If that's the way he thinks he should take 2 twice a day.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

from the article:

''As I [Givens’ agent] was talking he said, 'Brad, Brad. Somebody just walked by wearing an Eddie George jersey. Do you think it's a sign?' I told him I didn't know but we should take a look at Nashville. David agreed if [Houston] stayed south of 20 he'd get on the plane."

Less than 36 hours later, Givens was the Titans' No. 1 receiver, having rejected the lesser offers to go and play for his original hometown team, the team that was once the Houston Oilers but now played in a town he'd never visited and knew little about.

7. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Am I the only one curious as to why a local newspaper beat writer was expressing the Titans interest in Givens to his agent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar