Free Agency Nearing for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With February the most critical period for free agency, Coach Jeff Fisher will carry more of an administrative role as the Titans currently are without a GM. "February is a big month," Fisher said. "Especially the mid to later part of February. That's when most of these [free agent] things get done." The Titans have 18 free agents on the roster as they prepare to enter the March signing period. WR Drew Bennett, WR Bobby Wade, RB Chris Brown, QB Kerry Collins, DT Rien Long, S Donnie Nickey, LB Peter Sirmon, and DT Robaire Smith are all unrestricted free agents. Among the restricted free agents are C Eugene Amano, G Jacob Bell, LB Colby Buckwoldt, DT Tony Brown, TE Casey Cramer, C Justin Geisinger, TE Ben Hartsock, LB Terna Nande, LB Robert Reynolds and DT Randy Starks.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

this would mean we need to get a GM very soon!!!

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Must keep: Smith, Bell, Brown & Starks
    Think about keeping: Bennett, Wade & Collins
    The rest? Who cares?

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I deffinately think we need to keep Wade. He's a guy that has proven himself on the field when he's been asked to step up.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Must keep - Wade, Bell, and at least two out of Smith, Starks, and Long.

Brown(RB) won't be kept, and doesn't need to be.

Think we should keep Bennett, Nickey, Cramer, Brown (DT) and Nande. They're worth keeping through camp at least.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

To be truthful, if we lost all of the guys on that list, we wouldn't be hurting too much.
    Whom would I keep? Wade, Robaire, Bell and Starks.
    50/50? Bennett and Nickey.
    OUT, I'll help them pack! Brown, Collins, and Long. (sounds like a Law Firm)
    Bennett and Nickey I think we can keep cheap.
    Wade will get some offers to leave the Titans and will be the hardest to keep.
    Other than Travis, which other players could we loose because of their high contracts, (salary cap problems)?

7. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

we dont need brown... hes not worth the money and gets injured too much. bobby wade has made some nice grabs though. and def. keep randy starks

8. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Wade has gained my respect.... Bennett needs to stay a Titan for his own sake. As for defense I like Robaire, he's shown respect to us by coming back and we've done the same for offering him a chance. If you ask me he owe's us for his developement and needs to stay in 2 tone blue. Jacob Bell will be a starter here if he stays(well its either him or Amano). I am excited about this offseason, we have finally got some talent to build around on top of our rough road of rebuilding! Go Titans

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Must keep Wade.

10. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

yeah wade wants to stick with the team so it shows he is determened to get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar