Free Agent RB's That Might Come Cheap

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DLS33, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

Once Chris Brown is gone we will need to pick up a good running back with fresh legs and a low payroll. I have a few here, tell me what you think.

LaBrandon Toefield-Probably not someone that comes to mind when you thing of 2008 UFA's but a promising back. Would be a great compliment for LenDale. He adds speed, strength, and fresh legs. He runs a 4.52 40 yard dash and is 5'11 and weighs 232lbs. Give this guy a couple million up front pay him minimum and see what happens.

Justin Fargas-This guy proved what he is capable of with a sorry Raiders OL. His number speaks for themselves. Will not re-sign with Raiders.

Derrick Ward-My last guy, he kinda made a name for himself putting up pretty good numbers when his number was called. But definetly out in NY due to Bradshaws production.

Obviously everyone will sit there and point at Turner, but realistically he will not be wearing two tone blue come September. And let me go ahead and take away your arguement that Chris Henry is the second coming of Jesus Christ, because he isn't. So-so special teamer, but not much more beyond that. Let me know what you guys think?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fargas is the only one who would add something that we don't have on offense right now, speed.

they're all pretty injury prone though.

3. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

Both Ward and Toefield have been hurt once, fractured tibula and torn ACL. Chris "The Definition of Injury Prone" Brown is our number two back right now. So don't talk to me about injury prone. Your right about speed, Ward and Toefield are 4.5 guys along with LenDale, however these guys are cheap backs that can produce if given opportunity. Agree? All of you LenDale fans don't want Fargas to come here because he will take LenDales spot. I agree Fargas would probably be the best fit, but you gotta figure that more people will be looking for an upgrade at RB.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Fargas will get a lot of attention on the FA market. He's probably the 2nd best back on the market and whoever loses the MT sweepstakes will go hard for him. Aaron Stecker and Tatum, Bell would be very good fits and would probably come cheap.

5. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

I could care less about stecker, now Bell wouldn't be bad

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Turner and Fargas are my top 2. If Titans sign neither then draft one in the 3rd or 4th.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like Turner and Fargas. Wish Chris Henry could see.

8. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

Well congrats, you and 31 other teams consider them top two... I said lets be realistic here..

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mmm no.

as far as nagging injuries go, toefield is just as bad as brown.

ward was put on IR his first year in the league before the season started and is now on IR again.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Realistically - We have the most cap room in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar