Free Agent WR's for 2008

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

I know it may be premature, but I have heard once Vince gets a 'real' WR he'll be unstoppable. There is very little chance you can get that out of the draft, so who is in next years FA market that can improve our corp?

2. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

In addition with Reinfeldt being here I see DJ Hackett as someone they go after because of the seattle connection. There just isn't anyone that stands out on the list that is Titans material, i.e. the opposite of chad johnson t.o. and moss but can play as well as them.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald/Anquan Boldin have all been rumoured to be on the block.

I watched Patrick Crayton (Cowboys) against the Panthers and he was pretty good. Don't know how he would do as a #1 though.

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Craytons just resigned with Dallas.4 year contract i think. They gonna get Barber tied up next,which is a shame.Would of liked us to have gone after him.:irked:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I consider roydell our #1 right now and our #1 with crayton here.

I think berrian is the best FA for us without breaking the bank..

Roydell
    Berrian
    Gage
    Jones
    P williams
    Davis
    Draft pick(not first rd)
    M williams
    ealy

I can live with those guys in camp..

MR drafted davis and p williams now he has to live with them and hope at least one can step up and play. We can't just keep spending huge draft capital on that position and we are going to make the playoffs with this bunch... .

I like berrian over crayton because i'm much more impressed in a guy who can get 700 yards on a weak passing team than a guy who can get 700 yards on a team like the cowboys. Any Wr can do what crayton did..

6. mcnair99

mcnair99 Guest

I gotta admit I'm not sold on Crayton either and just the same since he's re-signed. What I don't want to see is us going after over-the-hill guys that just will play for 1-2 years (e.g. Terry Glenn). A stud wide-out to take some of the focus would be nice thou and a guy that has been that way for a bit.

What's the story on Givens? Will he ever be back?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Givens seems unlikely to be back, but nothing is set in stone either way. Depends how well he rehabs and responds to it.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Rumors about about Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Roy Williams. Hoever, there are a few other guys who may very well be available via trade or FA.....

Steve Smith isn't happy in Carolina, and they're just starting to rebuild for the future. I'm guessing the Panthers would let him go for a first-day pick.

Donte Stallworth's salary jumps by a few million bucks next year....if he won't re-negotiate, the Pats will almost certainly cut him loose.

Look for the Ravens to part ways with Derrick Mason. I thought this would be last season...but then he goes out and compiles 97 catches and 1000+ yards this year with one game left to go....so who knows?

The Bears aren't real happy with what they're getting from Muhsin Muhammed ($3M+ salary, 500 yards receiving), and could cut him loose.

It seems Laverneus Coles' isn't real happy about the state of affairs with the Jets, and his future with the club may be in question.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did he really? That's a fair effort considering their QB issues.

I still say no to Stallworth, he isn't a #1.

10. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

I just can't imagine that Steve Smith would be a real option, but well worth a day one pick if possible. Coles would be a nice addition, though has was banged up a lot this year. Vince really needs some help from the wideouts, a TE would not be a bad thing either. At the very least I would hope to see a WRaken in the first couple of rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar