Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tommygoldman05, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

I am a very new Titans fan I became a fan when Vince Young was drafted (it wasn't due to the Titans drafting Vince Young). I am just frustrated that the Titans are slow a signing the free agents that we already have. I am really hoping that we get a good WR in free agency or drafting one but I really don't see that happening. I was just wandering if anyone else feels this way or is it because I am a newer fan of the team.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Besides the Pats franchising Matt Cassel, what other teams have resigned any UFA's? Free Agency starts on Feb. 27th. After that date you can all start whining about the front office not moving.

3. tommygoldman05

It was like this last year too I am not just complaining about this year and I can whine whenever I want to :neener2:

4. Tuckfro42

You're right. Whine away. I'm just upset that we're not trying very hard to draft Matt Stafford. You'd think that by now we'd have a deal in place with Detroit.

5. tommygoldman05

I wish we can get rid of Vince

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

atleast last offseason we re-signed and extended key players. This year...it doesn't look so pretty. We will probably lose the anchor of our defense and then use the cap room to pick up scrubs.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Suppose he's a bust, that would be two first round top pick QBs in the past 3 years that we would be paying LOTS of money to ride the pine. That kind if thing sets a franchise back quite a bit. Drafting QBs in the first round is risky business, as we learned. No way Stafford wears Titans blue next year

8. mdfan

mdfan Starter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670
    Here's the draft trade value chart - we'd have to give up all of this year's picks and either players or part of next year's picks to get Detroit's #1 pick

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

They need to start to figure out a way to lower the pay scale of rookies. No way would a team want to trade away all their picks plus pay a rookie number 1 pick the kind of money they are recieving (well unless your name is Ditka). It's completely backwards and IMO a very poor part of the NFL.

10. Tuckfro42

I was being sarcastic. I forgot I have to include :rolleyes: in order for the sarcasm to get across to everyone else's screens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar