Freeney?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daniel Miller, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Which one do you want? Because I'll take anything.

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I don't want to get a vet just to be getting one. Freeney could be the equivalent of J. Kearse in his second year during his second stint. Wasted money. I think the other 2 FA options will be a better fit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think Idonije is the best of the 3 to be honest; Abraham is a close 2nd and I'd be thrilled with him too. I do fear Freeney is just name at this point, but he'd be an upgrade over Solomon and the unproven Edwards.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Kinda like Ball always use to come in and get us a few quick key sacks in clutch situations. We just need them to use their signature move at the right time and get us a stop.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Agreed,give me Idonije or Abraham.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We just need someone that can kill drives. Freeney can't do that anymore.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I miss Ball Sacks!

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think part of Freeney's lack of production lately is they moved him to OLB from DE because they changed to a 3-4 and that's not his strong suit. I think he could still play if he was strictly playing DE in a 4-3. Also, with Morgan & Wimbley starting and getting a majority of the snaps that would keep him fresher for longer.

He still had 5 sacks last year playing OLB. That's just 1 less than Wimbley & 1.5 less than Morgan, while playing a new position. The year before he had 8.5. Two more than either one of our DE's. So I think it's unfair to say that he's done. It could be it was just a bad scheme fit for him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

who was that ancient dude in Miami, 5-10 years ago, who did OK but he only played on passing downs and only rushed the QB. Dang cant remember his name. Anyways I dont want Freeney cause hes all horse tainted and crap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar