French Open

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

First of all, let me say, I'm no tennis fan. The only thing I watch is the semis or finals of the major tournements and only then if there is any kind of story line. This is less about tennis and more about idiocy.

Today is the men's semi-finals of the French open. You have the #1 player in the world playing in one match and the #2 and #3 playing in the other. I became interested in watching these today at work because my co-worker, a south african, was telling me all the back story of these matches. But that's neither here nor there. What got me stunned today is reading that Ch. 4, the local nasvhille NBC affiliate, is not going to show the French Open and instead will show....The 700 Club. Yes. Pat Robertson. God forbid Jim Bob misses seeing Pat ask for more of his SSI money. And even after that is over instead of showing what was left of the Open coverage, they will have a paid infomercial.

As a sports fan and native nashvillian, I am embarrassed and I wrote Ch. 4 to tell them. Maybe I am making too big of a deal, but it just stuns me.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Andy Roddick is my player.

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Yeah, I've seen many people complaining about this on the web today. As much as I hate having to watch Latinamerican ESPN, they do have an extensive coverage of every grand slam from round 1 to the finals... even some master series as well.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like when the hot girls wiggle their little butts in HD on the Tennis channel. That is just sweet. Very little can rival that little pleasure.

Hard to believe Federer lost again. And hard to believe he is that much worse on clay. Or that Nadal is that much better playing on it. Tennis has lost it's steam with Agassi gone. He was a marketing machine. Sharapova and Kournikova did a lot of good, but Tennis has losts its luster and I feel as though it is like hockey now. It feels like a dead sport to me. It will make a comeback someday, but it needs a star everyone can gravitate around and like, or hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar