Friday Injury Report

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young took on his biggest workload this week and appears on track to start Sunday. Though he never went to full speed, he did take all his normal reps. Coach Jeff Fisher said a decision won't be made until warm-ups before the game. "Were going to take (Young) out and see how he is in pregame to make sure he is able to run around and be at full speed," Fisher said, "and then we’ll make the decision." Kevin Mawae and Benji Olson sat out Friday's practice and both are listed as doubtful to play. Mawae has missed the past two games with a calf injury while Olson has dealt with back issue much of the season. LenDale White rejoined the team after his grandmother's funeral but did not practice due to a knee injury. Chris Brown (back) and Albert Haynesworth (hamstring) are probable to play.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Losing two interior OL hurts the run game. No Scaife or Williams either.

I bet Chow isn't getting much sleep this week.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Whats going on with Lendale!? Is he going to play??

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lendale hasn't practiced more than 3 weeks this season. He'll play. For some reason he misses practice every week.

5. Lendale white's Grandmother died. That is why he hasn't been at practice, he was excused by Fisher. My Prayers are with Lendale White and his family. I know how much she mean't to Lendale and I know Lendale White will play with a heavy heart. I hope he goes out their sunday and plays for her.

6. Keep the Faith. No matter how hard the challenge may seem, no matter how many guys go down, when you play like a family a team it always out weighs the guy who goes down. Nobody believes in the Titans outside of Tennessee and I know it may seem rough to say we are going to get killed, but I have faith and I believe in this Team. If I didn't have faith, I would have given up on this team weeks. Believe in them Titan Fans thats all they can ask for. Because they know they are playing for a whole community. Fight to the end.

7. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

I just heard about Scaife and R. Williams today, been away from NFL news for a day or so. I guess this means they'll need to be more creative in their offensive approach using the remaining healthy bodies. What I did notice from reviewing the Indy game: we need screen and/or swings plays and the best RB to do this with is, IMHO, Chris Henry. All the RB's were running North-South and Fisher needs to find ways of getting them out in space. They should all be made to walk around with footballs 24/7/365 until they learn to hold on to them. Maybe ask Tiki Barber for a little advice as he solved his problem later on in his career.

Also of note, when reviewing the Indy game; I was reviewing it play by play. VY had a great game. He was hurt trying to get a 1st down (which he did) when the game was 7-3 in our favor. The next play he pulled up lame on a play fake. We won the game despite White and Brown fumbles, one of which left Indy at our own 30 yard line. Miami could have scored a TD with only 30 yards to work with.

The only bad throw he had was the one down the seam between the LB and Safety; he basically hung Scaife out to dry on that particular play.

I take it that with Scaife out, Hartsock will need to step up. As a matter of fact, this would be a great time to prove themselves.

Other items of note from the Indy game:

* Our wideouts need to work on their blocking for running plays, especially when VY is scrambling. TE's need to work harder getting open.

* At the 8:05 mark of the 2nd Qtr: a VY to Ealy pass drew a PI call, which was a 25 yard penalty from the Colts 35 to their 10. With the score 7-3, C. Brown subsequently fumbled. Sorgi came in at this point. We should've been up 14-3.

* Wayne had a ton of catches because he was constantly pitted against one of our LB's, total mismatch.

* Griffin played his heart out; he had a PD that prevented a Colt first down and ankle tackled Dallas Clark the play before.

* I thought the OL played pretty well. Zone blocking worked well for this game.

* C. Davis is our return guy, correct? Why? Because he does something no one else on the team seems to be able to; make the first guy miss. Unfortunately, the second guy usually does. Imagine our team with a Devon Hester setting field position. Even Rushing (Colts) was making 2 and 3 guys miss each attempt. SP needs help.

Just some of my observations pertaining to this game. I don't get to see them on TV at all, only nationally televised events. I do hear the games on Radio and watch nfl.com for field pos stats. So this is the only game I've actually sat down and reviewed this season.

Does this sound like a fair assessment?:suspect:

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Clayton said earlier on espn that he had a back problem. The gotitans injury report said knee..

..does anyone know what they are talking about?

9. teegee

teegee Guest

VY is going to be a gametime decision. It is supposed to rain heavily the next few days out here in So Cal. If the field is slippery, that could cause Young to reinjure his leg. So my question is, if he's not close to 100% and the field is bad, does Fisher decide against risking VY getting hurt and decide to go with Collins instead? Or does he risk it...

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think Chris Brown had the back issues during the Colts game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar