Friday interviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Reinfeldt interview on 104.5 The Zone recap:

The Titans are not looking at Bobby Wade right now. They want Mouton to be PR and he'll be 100% by the home opener. There are also no plans for Matt Jones being brought back or signed anytime soon.

Reinfeldt felt Britt had a good game with the exception of not breaking up the INT and running a few poor routes.

Reinfeldt said the calls on Big Country were excessive and huge in that it killed a big gainer and offset an INT.

There is no word on Scaife's MRI yet or how long he might be out.

I'll post comments from Fisher's interview in a few.

2. TitanJeff

Not much from Fisher yet.

Lots of swelling for Scaife and it's not expected he'll be ready for Houston.

He also said no roster additions are planned.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Any word on when Cook will ready to go?

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

"Big Country"?

Pardon my ignorance...

5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Stewart. His nickname is Big Country.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Mahalo.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

If it was something subjective like holding I could understand that comment; but how can an illegal formation be considered excessive? The dude's either on the line or he isn't! I didn't catch the first one, but on that second one he was clearly not on the line. Odd comment from Reinfeldt...

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Actually it is a subjective type of penalty. Every offensive line is staggered backward from the center. Technically the line of scrimmage is a straight line, watch and see how many Tackles are actually on that line. I can assure you that not a single offensive tackle is right on the LOS on a pass set. The refs let them get away with in on almost every play so it was odd that Stewart kept getting flagged for it twice. Watching the game it didn't seem to me that Stewart was any further back than Roos or the Steelers tackles for that matter. I thin that is what Reinfeldt was getting at.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

The way they talked about it, it was one of those rules the refs were going to focus on this season. So, naturally, they are out there looking for it.

According to Brad Hopkins on a radio show yesterday, the helmet of the OT has to be ahead of the center's shoulder pads (going by memory here). So a ref, looking down the LOS, would probably see this clearly. They probably also knew Stewart was less than 100% so would be looking for any advantage he could get.

We don't know whether or not Stewart was warned first. If he was, it was inexcusable. The second one, regardless, was inexcusable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar