Friends with any Titans or NFL players?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

How do you live in Nashville, and not know that we are an up and coming team, damn near everyone I know are expecting the Titans to do big things soon.

Oh well, honestly would rather the guy not be on board and hope it stays that way.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

A couple of friends in my college were from Centerville, OH. One of them had an older brother in Kirk's class and was one of his best friends growing up. I went home with them and ended up getting invited to eat with a group that included older brother, Kirk, and a few others. He was cool with us, but you could tell he was arrogant as heck.

He was leaned back in his chair and this lady said, "Excuse me" and he immediately went into this thing about asking for autographs while he was eating. She was like, "I don't know who you are. I just want by to go to the bathroom."
    :ha:
    I was fighting back laughter so much, I thought my eyes were going to pop out.:ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Oh, and my office is across the street from the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville, where they premiered the Condridge Holloway documentary. I saw the ESPN bus unload and I thought it was interesting that Kirk and Corso and the rest of the crew all went their seperate ways and went to different restaurants.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

I don't know about anyone else but I would love to that famous that people want my autograph. I'd be happy to give it.

It takes 5 seconds and you make someone happy.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Hell no. Who wants to sign your name 30 times a day? Bugged by people you don't even know.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would probably never blow someone off like that, or try to make them feel bad. It would be very annoying to have someone come up to you while eating or out and about all the time.

I would not give my privacy up for the world.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That is what impressed me so much about Deon Grant.

Girl that I was with saw him at dinner in Knoxville after a few years in the NFL and went up to his table and asked him for a picture. He took the picture...

"What is your name?"
    "Shelly."
    "Thank you for the support Shelly. I really appreciate you taking the time to come up to me and and say hello."
    "Awww..."
    "I hope you have a great meal and enjoy the rest of your day, Shelly. Again, nice to meet you."

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He was very paranoid that someone was taking pictures of him while he was sleeping. Not sure why that would be a big deal, but obviously he thinks he's hot sh*t.

I guess he's just comfortable in his own skin.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I've never met any famous people but I do have a funny experience my cousin had. Bob Knight made an appearance at a local gym while he was coaching here at Texas Tech. He was an even bigger jerk than he had heard he was. My cousin is a damn funny dude and so he slyly makes his way over to Knight and asks him in front of a pretty big group "excuse me Mr. Knight, can I get a picture of you with your hands around my neck"?

The people around him burst into laughter and Knight told him "get the hell outta here". My cousin's a funny guy but I didn't believe him at first but sure enough a handful of other people vouched that he did it. They all said that Knight was a total @$$hole and got pretty pissed off.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Only way to top that is if he replied with 'Is Bobby gonna have to choke a b*tch?'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar